Virtual Console definitely coming to the Wii U
Are you a core gamer unsure whether or not to buy a Wii U? Nintendo has announced some news that may say your decision by confirming that the Virtual Console is definitely coming to their new home hardware.
A spokesman for Nintendo Of America related the good news saying, "We are moving ahead with development of Virtual Console for Wii U, and we plan to make it so you can play it on the Wii U GamePad alone."
For many core gamers the Virtual Console was the most attractive reason to buy a Wii. Having that ability to play those classic games that we used to love and maybe try something we missed the first time around was a much more compelling reason to buy the Wii than the ability to play games by waggling a controller at the screen.
News that a Wii U version of the Virtual Console is coming is definitely good news indeed and the ability to play the games solely on the console will surely be a huge bonus.
- Ultima creator's new game Shroud Of The Avatar gets Greenlit on Steam in just 2 days
- Arrowhead's Gauntlet reboot arrives on PC
- We are now a Steam Curator
- Valve announces the arrival of the Discovery Update for Steam
- BioShock Infinite: Complete Edition coming this November
- Final piece of Dark Souls II DLC is delayed, new screenshots released to soothe the pain
- Eden Hazard shows off some of his new skill moves from FIFA 15
- Assassin's Creed: Unity Season Pass comes with a 2.5D standalone adventure set in China
- Saints Row IV modders create a new weapon skin for the Alien SMG in honour of Steve Jaros' departure