Virtual Console definitely coming to the Wii U
Are you a core gamer unsure whether or not to buy a Wii U? Nintendo has announced some news that may say your decision by confirming that the Virtual Console is definitely coming to their new home hardware.
A spokesman for Nintendo Of America related the good news saying, "We are moving ahead with development of Virtual Console for Wii U, and we plan to make it so you can play it on the Wii U GamePad alone."
For many core gamers the Virtual Console was the most attractive reason to buy a Wii. Having that ability to play those classic games that we used to love and maybe try something we missed the first time around was a much more compelling reason to buy the Wii than the ability to play games by waggling a controller at the screen.
News that a Wii U version of the Virtual Console is coming is definitely good news indeed and the ability to play the games solely on the console will surely be a huge bonus.
- Hearthstone win-traders will be permanently banned says Blizzard
- Evolve Big Alpha delayed on PS4 due to issues with system update 2.0
- Your PC will need this much power under the hood to play The Crew
- LittleBigPlanet 3 will be fully backwards-compatible
- PS4 sales soar past the 13.5 million mark
- Resogun is coming to the PS Vita
- Smaller, cooler Xbox One processor in the works
- Prey 2 finally gets officially canned
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date