Virtual Console definitely coming to the Wii U
Are you a core gamer unsure whether or not to buy a Wii U? Nintendo has announced some news that may say your decision by confirming that the Virtual Console is definitely coming to their new home hardware.
A spokesman for Nintendo Of America related the good news saying, "We are moving ahead with development of Virtual Console for Wii U, and we plan to make it so you can play it on the Wii U GamePad alone."
For many core gamers the Virtual Console was the most attractive reason to buy a Wii. Having that ability to play those classic games that we used to love and maybe try something we missed the first time around was a much more compelling reason to buy the Wii than the ability to play games by waggling a controller at the screen.
News that a Wii U version of the Virtual Console is coming is definitely good news indeed and the ability to play the games solely on the console will surely be a huge bonus.
- Stealth Inc 2 is coming to PC, PlayStation and Xbox
- Frozenbyte announces Trine 3: Artifacts Of Power
- Epic has dropped the subscription fee for the Unreal Engine 4
- Rumour: DirectX 12 could allow mixing and matching of AMD and Nvidia GPUs
- No more online modes for Ridge Racer Unbounded in Europe
- Mortal Kombat X coming to mobiles as a free-to-play card battler
- EA announces details of Battlefield: Hardline Premium
- Payday 2: Crimewave Edition to hit PS4 and Xbox One in the summer
- Valve and HTC partner up for the new SteamVR device the Vive