Virtual Console definitely coming to the Wii U
Are you a core gamer unsure whether or not to buy a Wii U? Nintendo has announced some news that may say your decision by confirming that the Virtual Console is definitely coming to their new home hardware.
A spokesman for Nintendo Of America related the good news saying, "We are moving ahead with development of Virtual Console for Wii U, and we plan to make it so you can play it on the Wii U GamePad alone."
For many core gamers the Virtual Console was the most attractive reason to buy a Wii. Having that ability to play those classic games that we used to love and maybe try something we missed the first time around was a much more compelling reason to buy the Wii than the ability to play games by waggling a controller at the screen.
News that a Wii U version of the Virtual Console is coming is definitely good news indeed and the ability to play the games solely on the console will surely be a huge bonus.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto