Virtual Console definitely coming to the Wii U
Are you a core gamer unsure whether or not to buy a Wii U? Nintendo has announced some news that may say your decision by confirming that the Virtual Console is definitely coming to their new home hardware.
A spokesman for Nintendo Of America related the good news saying, "We are moving ahead with development of Virtual Console for Wii U, and we plan to make it so you can play it on the Wii U GamePad alone."
For many core gamers the Virtual Console was the most attractive reason to buy a Wii. Having that ability to play those classic games that we used to love and maybe try something we missed the first time around was a much more compelling reason to buy the Wii than the ability to play games by waggling a controller at the screen.
News that a Wii U version of the Virtual Console is coming is definitely good news indeed and the ability to play the games solely on the console will surely be a huge bonus.
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title
- Battlefield: Hardline beta coming to all platforms next week
- Transistor and Yakuza 4 among February's PS Plus Instant Game Collection pickings