GameStick Android console makes its Kickstarter goal, announces stretch goals
The exceptionally small Android home console, the GameStick has managed to meet its Kickstarter goal meaning the console will go into production.
Seeing as it has made its initial 100,000 USD goal PlayJam, the console's makers, have decided to announce some stretch goals for the Kickstarter campaign to encourage more backers to invest.
Should GameStick manage to raise 320,000 USD it will be released in black and white models and 450,000 USD will see a third colour released as well. The third colour will be chosen by fans on GameStick's official Facebook page.
PlayJam's CMO Anthony Johnson said, "We have been inundated with messages of support and suggestions on how to improve GameStick from both the gamers and developers worldwide who backed our project. Being at the pre-production phase, we have been able to incorporate a lot of these ideas into our roadmap. We were not prepared for that level of input but it has been fantastic."
"Kickstarter is proving to be a wild ride for the team behind GameStick. Hitting our original target so early goes to show appetite out there for continued innovation around affordable gaming on the big screen. We want to see how far we can go with this and hope that all those who have pledged will help spread the word to see just how far we can go!" he added.
- Here's a bunch of new screenshots of Project CARS running on the Xbox One
- Free Power Of Defiance DLC arrives for Shadow Of Mordor
- Teaser trailer arrives for Telltale's Game Of Thrones
- Tales From The Borderlands to debut this month
- Archwing update arrives for the console versions of Warframe
- Free update and Black Sea Colonies DLC arrives for Total War: Rome II
- Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions coming next week
- World Of Warcraft subs jump back over the 10 million mark with the release of Warlords Of Draenor
- F1 2014 gets a new trailer to celebrate the F1 season finale at the Yas Marina Circuit in Abu Dhabi