CCP to merge Dust 514 and EVE Online servers tomorrow
CCP is set to merge the servers for EVE Online and its experimental PS3 tie-in shooter Dust 514 tomorrow.
This is the most significant step so far in the process of integrating the two games together. Dust 514 players will be able to join EVE corporations and accept contracts from its NPC militias.
On the flip side of that, EVE Online players will now be able to engage in orbital bombardments in support of their Dust 514 allies.
CCP stated, "On Thursday the January 10th, following a slightly longer than usual scheduled downtime, we will be migrating over players currently participating in the DUST 514 closed beta from Singularity to Tranquility. This is a particularly special day here at CCP as this brings to life an ambitious and incredibly exciting vision of a single cross platform universe, the likes of which have never been undertaken before."
The statement continued, "This is a massive technical and game design endeavour and so the overlap in gameplay is intentionally contained for now. It is of course very important that we do not upset the serious business of internet spaceships."
Dust 514 skill points will be reset and the game will remain in closed beta for the time being.
- FIFA 16 will throw women's teams into the mix
- New The Elder Scrolls Online trailer shows off the expansive world of Tamriel
- Batman: Arkham Knight gets a new 7-minute gameplay trailer
- Wildstar to go free-to-play later this year
- AMD highlights the benefits DirectX 12 will offer their users
- It could be 2 years before CD Projekt RED talks about Cyberpunk 2077 again
- PS4 remaster of Darksiders II appears on Amazon
- Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes comes to PS Plus next month
- Wii U version of Project CARS may not be released