CCP to merge Dust 514 and EVE Online servers tomorrow
CCP is set to merge the servers for EVE Online and its experimental PS3 tie-in shooter Dust 514 tomorrow.
This is the most significant step so far in the process of integrating the two games together. Dust 514 players will be able to join EVE corporations and accept contracts from its NPC militias.
On the flip side of that, EVE Online players will now be able to engage in orbital bombardments in support of their Dust 514 allies.
CCP stated, "On Thursday the January 10th, following a slightly longer than usual scheduled downtime, we will be migrating over players currently participating in the DUST 514 closed beta from Singularity to Tranquility. This is a particularly special day here at CCP as this brings to life an ambitious and incredibly exciting vision of a single cross platform universe, the likes of which have never been undertaken before."
The statement continued, "This is a massive technical and game design endeavour and so the overlap in gameplay is intentionally contained for now. It is of course very important that we do not upset the serious business of internet spaceships."
Dust 514 skill points will be reset and the game will remain in closed beta for the time being.
- Team Junkfish's procedural survival horror Monstrum to return to Steam Early Access
- Miyamoto: Next Mario game might not arrive until Nintendo releases a new console
- Final Fantasy trailer drop continues with a new look at Final Fantasy XV
- New Final Fantasy Type-0 HD trailer drops
- Activision gives a first look at the new Exo Zombies mode for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- Rockstar announces a Christmas bumper bonanza for GTA Online
- Hazelight to use the Unreal Engine 4 for their first game
- 343 Industries to offer Halo: ODST remastered campaign to apologise for Halo: The Master Chief Collection multiplayer problems
- Court rules that lawsuit against Sony over Killzone: Shadow Fall's 1080p claims