CCP to merge Dust 514 and EVE Online servers tomorrow
CCP is set to merge the servers for EVE Online and its experimental PS3 tie-in shooter Dust 514 tomorrow.
This is the most significant step so far in the process of integrating the two games together. Dust 514 players will be able to join EVE corporations and accept contracts from its NPC militias.
On the flip side of that, EVE Online players will now be able to engage in orbital bombardments in support of their Dust 514 allies.
CCP stated, "On Thursday the January 10th, following a slightly longer than usual scheduled downtime, we will be migrating over players currently participating in the DUST 514 closed beta from Singularity to Tranquility. This is a particularly special day here at CCP as this brings to life an ambitious and incredibly exciting vision of a single cross platform universe, the likes of which have never been undertaken before."
The statement continued, "This is a massive technical and game design endeavour and so the overlap in gameplay is intentionally contained for now. It is of course very important that we do not upset the serious business of internet spaceships."
Dust 514 skill points will be reset and the game will remain in closed beta for the time being.
- Next week's Destiny events detailed
- Swery65's D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die is out now on Xbox One
- Silent Hills could be an episodic title
- Thomas Was Alone is making the jump to the PS4
- Destiny helps give the PS4 a 300 percent sales kick
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III