Valve Steam Box hardware rumours begin to circulate again
Rumblings have begun again over the possibility of Valve developing their own home 'console'.
There has been plenty of a talk of them developing a Steambox that would sit underneath the TV and allow PC gamers to get that home console experience from their Steam library.
Of course Big Picture mode for Steam has been a great step in this process allowing PC gamers to dust off their gamepads and play gamepad-enabled titles on their big screen TVs as well as surf the internet with a new controller-optimised web browser.
A German website, Golem, is claiming to have heard Ben Krasnow, mechanical and electrical enginer for Valve state that they have something in the pipline that will run on a Linux-based OS.
This does fit with Gabe Newell's comments on the Windows 8 and its new tile interface calling it a "catastrophe" for PC gaming.
Thanks Develop Online.
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light