Sony ceases production of the PlayStation 2
Sony has finally called time on what has possibly been the most successful home console of all time, the PS2.
After 12 years the Japanese electronics giant has ceased production on the console that cemented their place at the top of the previous generation.
The PS2 has had a pretty impressive innings all together selling over 150 million units world wide.
It also racked up a back catalogue of almost 11,000 titles including timeless classics like Shadow Of The Colossus, Okami and Grand Theft Auto: Vice City.
Thanks The Guardian.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3