Sony ceases production of the PlayStation 2
Sony has finally called time on what has possibly been the most successful home console of all time, the PS2.
After 12 years the Japanese electronics giant has ceased production on the console that cemented their place at the top of the previous generation.
The PS2 has had a pretty impressive innings all together selling over 150 million units world wide.
It also racked up a back catalogue of almost 11,000 titles including timeless classics like Shadow Of The Colossus, Okami and Grand Theft Auto: Vice City.
Thanks The Guardian.
- Ninja Theory: We'll cross the 1080p/60fps bridge for Hellblade when we come to it
- Standalone DayZ not expected to leave Steam Early Access until 2016
- Telltale gives their Game Of Thrones series final release dates
- Large patch arrives to tackle the matchmaking issues with Halo: The Master Chief Collection
- BioWare looking into a bug stopping banter between party members in Dragon Age: Inquisition
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch introduces a new visual bug
- Metal Gear Online will return, reveal coming at The Game Awards 2014
- Ever wanted to know which next-gen console would survive a 15-foot drop?
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch is a bit on the large side