Sony ceases production of the PlayStation 2
Sony has finally called time on what has possibly been the most successful home console of all time, the PS2.
After 12 years the Japanese electronics giant has ceased production on the console that cemented their place at the top of the previous generation.
The PS2 has had a pretty impressive innings all together selling over 150 million units world wide.
It also racked up a back catalogue of almost 11,000 titles including timeless classics like Shadow Of The Colossus, Okami and Grand Theft Auto: Vice City.
Thanks The Guardian.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year