Sony ceases production of the PlayStation 2
Sony has finally called time on what has possibly been the most successful home console of all time, the PS2.
After 12 years the Japanese electronics giant has ceased production on the console that cemented their place at the top of the previous generation.
The PS2 has had a pretty impressive innings all together selling over 150 million units world wide.
It also racked up a back catalogue of almost 11,000 titles including timeless classics like Shadow Of The Colossus, Okami and Grand Theft Auto: Vice City.
Thanks The Guardian.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year