Sony ceases production of the PlayStation 2
Sony has finally called time on what has possibly been the most successful home console of all time, the PS2.
After 12 years the Japanese electronics giant has ceased production on the console that cemented their place at the top of the previous generation.
The PS2 has had a pretty impressive innings all together selling over 150 million units world wide.
It also racked up a back catalogue of almost 11,000 titles including timeless classics like Shadow Of The Colossus, Okami and Grand Theft Auto: Vice City.
Thanks The Guardian.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto