Square Enix to keep the Luminous engine to themselves
Square Enix has no plans to offer their impressive new Luminous game engine for license to outside developers.
Their head of North American operations, Max Fischer explained that their new engine will only be used by their in-house studios.
He stated, "This is an in-house tool. We're not building this around a licensing model."
Fischer added that it was their hope that the impressive new technology would allow them to attract new development talent.
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date
- Clerks stars Jeff Anderson and Jason Mewes talk about lending their voices to new adventure Randal's Monday
- Ubisoft announces details on the PvP modes for Far Cry 4
- Shadow Of Mordor's Lord Of The Hunt DLC detailed
- November's Games With Gold line-up is smashing... literally
- RedBedlam adds more content to the Steam Early Access version of their novel/game crossover Bedlam
- Shu Yoshida: PS Plus Edition of Driveclub won't arrive until the server issues are fixed
- New PC patch for The Evil Within unlocks 60fps for machines that can handle it
- Konami drops the price for Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes