Square Enix to keep the Luminous engine to themselves
Square Enix has no plans to offer their impressive new Luminous game engine for license to outside developers.
Their head of North American operations, Max Fischer explained that their new engine will only be used by their in-house studios.
He stated, "This is an in-house tool. We're not building this around a licensing model."
Fischer added that it was their hope that the impressive new technology would allow them to attract new development talent.
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey