Square Enix to keep the Luminous engine to themselves
Square Enix has no plans to offer their impressive new Luminous game engine for license to outside developers.
Their head of North American operations, Max Fischer explained that their new engine will only be used by their in-house studios.
He stated, "This is an in-house tool. We're not building this around a licensing model."
Fischer added that it was their hope that the impressive new technology would allow them to attract new development talent.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3