Square Enix to keep the Luminous engine to themselves
Square Enix has no plans to offer their impressive new Luminous game engine for license to outside developers.
Their head of North American operations, Max Fischer explained that their new engine will only be used by their in-house studios.
He stated, "This is an in-house tool. We're not building this around a licensing model."
Fischer added that it was their hope that the impressive new technology would allow them to attract new development talent.
- There's a whole load of LEGO games coming this year including LEGO Jurassic World
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 devs confident that Resident Evil 7 will be mind-blowing
- Steam content creators raise more than 50 million USD making hats for Team Fortress 2 and the like
- Fahrenheit remaster arrives on PC and iOS
- Feminist Frequency planning two new series for 2015
- Other Ocean's #IDARB and Brothers: A Tale Of Two Sons heading to Xbox Live's Games With Gold next month
- Cupcakes unveiled by The Behemoth as a new unit in Game 4
- Battlefield: Hardline developer diary arrives, promises beta date tomorrow
- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn gets a free-login weekend beginning Friday