Square Enix to keep the Luminous engine to themselves
Square Enix has no plans to offer their impressive new Luminous game engine for license to outside developers.
Their head of North American operations, Max Fischer explained that their new engine will only be used by their in-house studios.
He stated, "This is an in-house tool. We're not building this around a licensing model."
Fischer added that it was their hope that the impressive new technology would allow them to attract new development talent.
- Final Fantasy XIV's first expansion Heavensward will launch in June
- Sony gives the full PS Plus line-up for April
- Before The Fall patch arrives for Final Fantasy XIV today
- Evolve's first load of DLC arrives today for Xbox One
- Lords Of The Fallen exec producer confirms a sequel is in production
- Pacman takes over Google Maps
- Techland warns of contaminated Antizin hitting Dying Light tomorrow
- Speedrunner beats Bloodborne in just 44 minutes
- Dragon Age: Inquisition's Jaws Of Hakkon DLC not out on remaining platforms till May