Gas Powered Games ends support for Age Of Empires Online
Gas Powered Games has announced their intentions to cease their programme of updates for Age Of Empires Online.
Chris Taylor's renowned RTS studio explained on in a very honest blog post that the next update will be its last as it is no longer cost effective. The game will still be fully playable and GPG will continue to provide customer service and support to players.
The blog explained, "Creating top-tier content, as we have been for the last year and a half, is very expensive too expensive to maintain for long, as it turns out. We can no longer afford to keep creating it. AOEO already has a very large amount of high-quality, hand-crafted entertainment, and adding more is no longer cost-effective."
Gas Powered Games is currently working on a brand new RTS title, Kings And Castles, which has been in development since 2010.
Thanks Develop Online.
- Elite devs Frontier lays off staff and effectively closes their Canadian studio
- Monstrum system specs announced
- Ever wonder what a week's worth of internet abuse looks like for Feminist Frequency's Anita Sarkeesian?
- The Witness's puzzles are finished but there is still plenty of work to be done on the game
- Dragon's Dogma Online announced for release in Japan
- Life Is Strange episodes will release six weeks apart
- Reptile is returning in Mortal Kombat X
- New Xbox One Controller firmware update will cut the connection time in half
- Battlefield: Hardline beta rumoured to begin next week