Gas Powered Games ends support for Age Of Empires Online
Gas Powered Games has announced their intentions to cease their programme of updates for Age Of Empires Online.
Chris Taylor's renowned RTS studio explained on in a very honest blog post that the next update will be its last as it is no longer cost effective. The game will still be fully playable and GPG will continue to provide customer service and support to players.
The blog explained, "Creating top-tier content, as we have been for the last year and a half, is very expensive too expensive to maintain for long, as it turns out. We can no longer afford to keep creating it. AOEO already has a very large amount of high-quality, hand-crafted entertainment, and adding more is no longer cost-effective."
Gas Powered Games is currently working on a brand new RTS title, Kings And Castles, which has been in development since 2010.
Thanks Develop Online.
- Underworld Ascendant makes its Kickstarter goal with room to spare
- Rare is 30, has something special coming in recognition of the anniversary
- Destiny will get one more update before House Of Wolves arrives
- Warner Bros to bring DC MOBA Infinite Crisis to Steam
- Gabe Newell: No-one gets motion-sick with the Vive VR headset
- NPCs can now be mugged in The Elder Scrolls Online
- Halcyon 6: Starbase Commander passes Square Enix Collective and heads to Kickstarter
- Zombie Army Trilogy shambles onto PC and next-gen consoles
- Sony aiming to release Project Morpheus in 2016