Gas Powered Games ends support for Age Of Empires Online
Gas Powered Games has announced their intentions to cease their programme of updates for Age Of Empires Online.
Chris Taylor's renowned RTS studio explained on in a very honest blog post that the next update will be its last as it is no longer cost effective. The game will still be fully playable and GPG will continue to provide customer service and support to players.
The blog explained, "Creating top-tier content, as we have been for the last year and a half, is very expensive too expensive to maintain for long, as it turns out. We can no longer afford to keep creating it. AOEO already has a very large amount of high-quality, hand-crafted entertainment, and adding more is no longer cost-effective."
Gas Powered Games is currently working on a brand new RTS title, Kings And Castles, which has been in development since 2010.
Thanks Develop Online.
- Hearthstone win-traders will be permanently banned says Blizzard
- Evolve Big Alpha delayed on PS4 due to issues with system update 2.0
- Your PC will need this much power under the hood to play The Crew
- LittleBigPlanet 3 will be fully backwards-compatible
- PS4 sales soar past the 13.5 million mark
- Resogun is coming to the PS Vita
- Smaller, cooler Xbox One processor in the works
- Prey 2 finally gets officially canned
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date