Gas Powered Games ends support for Age Of Empires Online
Gas Powered Games has announced their intentions to cease their programme of updates for Age Of Empires Online.
Chris Taylor's renowned RTS studio explained on in a very honest blog post that the next update will be its last as it is no longer cost effective. The game will still be fully playable and GPG will continue to provide customer service and support to players.
The blog explained, "Creating top-tier content, as we have been for the last year and a half, is very expensive too expensive to maintain for long, as it turns out. We can no longer afford to keep creating it. AOEO already has a very large amount of high-quality, hand-crafted entertainment, and adding more is no longer cost-effective."
Gas Powered Games is currently working on a brand new RTS title, Kings And Castles, which has been in development since 2010.
Thanks Develop Online.
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light