Gas Powered Games ends support for Age Of Empires Online
Gas Powered Games has announced their intentions to cease their programme of updates for Age Of Empires Online.
Chris Taylor's renowned RTS studio explained on in a very honest blog post that the next update will be its last as it is no longer cost effective. The game will still be fully playable and GPG will continue to provide customer service and support to players.
The blog explained, "Creating top-tier content, as we have been for the last year and a half, is very expensive too expensive to maintain for long, as it turns out. We can no longer afford to keep creating it. AOEO already has a very large amount of high-quality, hand-crafted entertainment, and adding more is no longer cost-effective."
Gas Powered Games is currently working on a brand new RTS title, Kings And Castles, which has been in development since 2010.
Thanks Develop Online.
- Steam is awesome this weekend, Borderlands 2 and Dishonored freeplay and a massive 2K sale
- Peter Molyneux: “There is a brilliant game there in Godus that is going to bring people together”
- FIFA Ultimate Team cheaters be warned EA Sports is coming for you
- #welovegamedevs Twitter campaign appears as an antidote to this week's unpleasantness
- No branching narratives for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
- Spa hotlap video arrives for F1 2014
- Phil Fish puts Polytron and Fez up for sale and quits Twitter after multiple hacks
- The Vanishing Of Ethan Carter gets a PC release date
- Sony schedules PSN maintenance for Monday