Elite: Dangerous makes its Kickstarter goal with a day to spare
Those waiting for a sequel to the seminal space privateering game Elite will be able to breathe a sigh of relief today as Elite: Dangerous managed to make it's Kickstarter goal.
David Braben, Elite creator's studio Frontier were looking to raise a whopping 1.25 Million GBP on Kickstarter to help fund development of the game and they have managed to make their goal today with just over a day and a half left till the end of their campaign.
The game has currently raised 1,282,323 GBP from 21,736 backers which enables Frontier to begin full development on the eagerly awaited sequel.
With a little bit of time left Frontier has revealed a couple of stretch goals to encourage more backers to sign up in the final 37 hours. If they raise 1.4 million GBP they will be able to develop a Mac version of the game and if they hit 1.5 million GBP they will add a further 10 playable ships.
Thanks Develop Online.
- The Vanishing Of Ethan Carter gets a PC release date
- Sony schedules PSN maintenance for Monday
- Warframe update 14 hits PS4 as it closes in on 10 million registered users
- Bungie releases the official Destiny launch gameplay trailer
- Codemasters releases a new Austria hotlap video for F1 2014
- Eden Hazard joins Lionel Messi on the cover of FIFA 15
- PS Vita getting a five-game Adventure Mega Pack hardware bundle
- Lords Of The Fallen has “a steep learning curve”
- PS4 trailer arrives for Dreamfall Chapters, and some screenshots too