Miyamoto talks Pikmin 3 and how he wants you to stress playing it
Nintendo's creative driving force Shigeru Miyamoto has been talking about his latest creation and how he wants players to feel when playing it.
The Mario creator felt that, in making Pikmin 2 more user friendly, they'd taken the stress out of the gameplay and he feels that is something you need is a real-time strategy game like Pikmin. He hopes that there will be no such problem with Pikmin 3 as they are working hard to strike the right balance between user-friendliness and stressing the player out.
He explained to Gamesmaster, "That's actually something that all the staff members had to debate over when we were discussing what kind of direction we should take for Pikmin 3," he explained. "First of all by looking at Pikmin 1 we noticed that it wasn't a very easy game for people to play, and from time to time they had to feel some stress.
"Our main aim in Pikmin 2 was to get rid of any stress as much as possible, so that it would be very user-friendly. Well, I myself couldn't agree with that direction perfectly. That kind of nature of Pikmin 1 was exactly what I wanted to reproduce and I was actually intentionally doing so, so that Pikmin 1 could be a strategic game," Miyamoto-san continued. "When we started creating Pikmin 3 I gathered the main members who worked on Pikmin 2 and talked about how I thought it was important to get back to the basics of Pikmin 1. Or I should say that half of my job at that time wasn't just to talk, but rather to persuade them to understand what I intended to do and to agree to my idea."
Pikmin 3 will be out on the Wii U some time later on in 2013.
Thanks Official Nintendo Magazine.
- Stealth Inc 2 is coming to PC, PlayStation and Xbox
- Frozenbyte announces Trine 3: Artifacts Of Power
- Epic has dropped the subscription fee for the Unreal Engine 4
- Rumour: DirectX 12 could allow mixing and matching of AMD and Nvidia GPUs
- No more online modes for Ridge Racer Unbounded in Europe
- Mortal Kombat X coming to mobiles as a free-to-play card battler
- EA announces details of Battlefield: Hardline Premium
- Payday 2: Crimewave Edition to hit PS4 and Xbox One in the summer
- Valve and HTC partner up for the new SteamVR device the Vive