Microsoft begins the countdown to E3, Will they reveal the Xbox 720 this year?
Microsoft has begun counting down to this year's E3 tempting the question that everyone has been asking for at least the last year and a half Will they announce the next Xbox this year.
Xbox Live's main mouthpiece Larry 'Major Nelson' Hryb has posted a countdown timer on his blog counting down to E3 2013 by milliseconds prefaced simply by the line, "And it's on..."
This is a clear statement of intent from Microsoft. Whether they intend to make a grand reveal of their next Xbox is another question though. It does seem to add weight to the rumours that they will launch the next Xbox this year but we'll have to wait until E3 at the beginning of June to find out the truth.
If it is the case 2013 may be a very busy year in the games industry and we're excited to see exactly what Microsoft and Sony will bring to the table this time.
- Driveclub issues persist as players report trouble downloading the latest patch
- New featurette release talking about faithfully recreating the artwork from The Legend Of Korra in the new game
- Sony details PS4 update 2.00, Music player is among the highlights
- Runefest 2014 Runescape's most successful fanfest yet
- Project CARS delayed into 2015 to push it out of the busy Christmas release schedule
- Halo: The Master Chief Collection needs a 20 GB day one update because 343 filled up the 45GB game disc
- SEGA announces the Fox Company pre-order bonus for Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault
- Tim Schafer has finally finished writing Broken Age Act 2
- Pachter reckons GTA V won't sell all that well on next-gen consoles, Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare should do well though