Microsoft begins the countdown to E3, Will they reveal the Xbox 720 this year?
Microsoft has begun counting down to this year's E3 tempting the question that everyone has been asking for at least the last year and a half Will they announce the next Xbox this year.
Xbox Live's main mouthpiece Larry 'Major Nelson' Hryb has posted a countdown timer on his blog counting down to E3 2013 by milliseconds prefaced simply by the line, "And it's on..."
This is a clear statement of intent from Microsoft. Whether they intend to make a grand reveal of their next Xbox is another question though. It does seem to add weight to the rumours that they will launch the next Xbox this year but we'll have to wait until E3 at the beginning of June to find out the truth.
If it is the case 2013 may be a very busy year in the games industry and we're excited to see exactly what Microsoft and Sony will bring to the table this time.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year