Microsoft begins the countdown to E3, Will they reveal the Xbox 720 this year?
Microsoft has begun counting down to this year's E3 tempting the question that everyone has been asking for at least the last year and a half Will they announce the next Xbox this year.
Xbox Live's main mouthpiece Larry 'Major Nelson' Hryb has posted a countdown timer on his blog counting down to E3 2013 by milliseconds prefaced simply by the line, "And it's on..."
This is a clear statement of intent from Microsoft. Whether they intend to make a grand reveal of their next Xbox is another question though. It does seem to add weight to the rumours that they will launch the next Xbox this year but we'll have to wait until E3 at the beginning of June to find out the truth.
If it is the case 2013 may be a very busy year in the games industry and we're excited to see exactly what Microsoft and Sony will bring to the table this time.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3