Microsoft begins the countdown to E3, Will they reveal the Xbox 720 this year?
Microsoft has begun counting down to this year's E3 tempting the question that everyone has been asking for at least the last year and a half Will they announce the next Xbox this year.
Xbox Live's main mouthpiece Larry 'Major Nelson' Hryb has posted a countdown timer on his blog counting down to E3 2013 by milliseconds prefaced simply by the line, "And it's on..."
This is a clear statement of intent from Microsoft. Whether they intend to make a grand reveal of their next Xbox is another question though. It does seem to add weight to the rumours that they will launch the next Xbox this year but we'll have to wait until E3 at the beginning of June to find out the truth.
If it is the case 2013 may be a very busy year in the games industry and we're excited to see exactly what Microsoft and Sony will bring to the table this time.
- Elite devs Frontier lays off staff and effectively closes their Canadian studio
- Monstrum system specs announced
- Ever wonder what a week's worth of internet abuse looks like for Feminist Frequency's Anita Sarkeesian?
- The Witness's puzzles are finished but there is still plenty of work to be done on the game
- Dragon's Dogma Online announced for release in Japan
- Life Is Strange episodes will release six weeks apart
- Reptile is returning in Mortal Kombat X
- New Xbox One Controller firmware update will cut the connection time in half
- Battlefield: Hardline beta rumoured to begin next week