Gay relationships are coming to Star Wars: The Old Republic
After a bit of a delay, BioWare has reaffirmed that they will be bringing the ability to enter into gay relationships in to Star Wars: The Old Republic.
BioWare had promised to introduce the features like they did with Mass Effect but they had to delay bringing the features to focus on the switch to free-to-play as executive producer Jeff Hickman explained.
He began, "I want to apologise that this is taking so long to get in the game. I realise that we promised SGR [same gender relationships] to you guys and that many of you believed that this would be with a companion character."
"Unfortunately," Hickman continued, "this will take a lot more work than we realized at the time and it (like some other pieces of content we talked about earlier in the year) has been delayed as we focused on the changes required to take the game free-to-play. As we have said in the past, allowing same gender romance is something we are very supportive of."
"The launch of the free-to-play option with our new Cartel Market has been an amazing event for our game. The game is incredibly healthy with an ever increasing number of players who are actively playing. Having said that, we know we havent gotten everything perfect, and we are still working hard to make The Old Republic everything you guys desire," said Hickman. "More than anything we wanted to get folks back in and playing the game, and bring back the excitement and camaraderie we feel like we've made great strides over the last 6 months towards these goals. All signs point to a very bright future for our game."
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3