Ubisoft in the running for THQ purchase
It appears the French publishing giant Ubisoft is one of the main contenders for purchasing THQ's studios and IPs.
Reports are suggesting that Ubisoft is very keen to get their hands on at least some of THQ's studios and intellectual properties in the wake of the stricken US publisher filing for bankruptcy.
THQ currently owns an impressive crop of talented studios like Relic, Vigil and Volition as well as their Montreal super-studio which currently employs a number of former Ubisoft Montreal employees including Assassin's Creed creator Patrice Desilets.
As well as owning IPs like Homefront, Company Of Heroes and Saints Row, it also holds the licenses for both the Warhammer 40K and WWE franchises which have both proven lucrative in the past.
Whether or not Ubisoft succeeds in their bid will probably not be known until the new year but hopefully whoever succeeds in picking up THQ's assets will be able to save as many jobs as possible.
- StarCraft 2 pro-player expelled from Fragbite Masters tournament for Twitter rape comment about a female opponent
- New video gives a sneak peek at Destiny's first DLC The Dark Below
- Sony claims “no evidence” of a breach after hacker group claims to have leaked PSN account details online
- Activision using copyright strikes to remove Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare glitch videos from YouTube
- Steam Thanksgiving Sale to begin later this week
- Irrational Games seems to be hiring again
- Gorgeous Xbox One metroidvania adventure Ori And The Blind Forest delayed into next year
- Crytek bringing the action fo Warface to Siberia
- Warner Bros releases brand new Batman: Arkham Knight gameplay footage