TVii app to launch on Wii U tomorrow in North America
The television app for the Wii U, TVii is set to launch in the United States and Canada tomorrow.
TVii will not include its full range of features as yet but it will give Wii U users a taste of the kind of entertainment features Nintendo's new console will offer outside of gaming.
Currently the app features interactive guides for TV, Hulu Plus and Amazon Instant Video programming as well as the ability to search for online information on programmes and post comments on social networks.
"After Dec. 20, you'll never look at your TV the same way again. Wii U owners have already experienced the transformative effect that the GamePad has on game play and social interaction. Nintendo TVii shows how the integrated second screen of the GamePad can also transform and enhance the TV viewing experience. Welcome to the new world of TVii," said Nintendo Of America boss Reggie Fils-Aime.
TVii won't be available in Europe until some time in 2013.
- Smaller, cooler Xbox One processor in the works
- Prey 2 finally gets officially canned
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date
- Clerks stars Jeff Anderson and Jason Mewes talk about lending their voices to new adventure Randal's Monday
- Ubisoft announces details on the PvP modes for Far Cry 4
- Shadow Of Mordor's Lord Of The Hunt DLC detailed
- November's Games With Gold line-up is smashing... literally
- RedBedlam adds more content to the Steam Early Access version of their novel/game crossover Bedlam
- Shu Yoshida: PS Plus Edition of Driveclub won't arrive until the server issues are fixed