TVii app to launch on Wii U tomorrow in North America
The television app for the Wii U, TVii is set to launch in the United States and Canada tomorrow.
TVii will not include its full range of features as yet but it will give Wii U users a taste of the kind of entertainment features Nintendo's new console will offer outside of gaming.
Currently the app features interactive guides for TV, Hulu Plus and Amazon Instant Video programming as well as the ability to search for online information on programmes and post comments on social networks.
"After Dec. 20, you'll never look at your TV the same way again. Wii U owners have already experienced the transformative effect that the GamePad has on game play and social interaction. Nintendo TVii shows how the integrated second screen of the GamePad can also transform and enhance the TV viewing experience. Welcome to the new world of TVii," said Nintendo Of America boss Reggie Fils-Aime.
TVii won't be available in Europe until some time in 2013.
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title