TVii app to launch on Wii U tomorrow in North America
The television app for the Wii U, TVii is set to launch in the United States and Canada tomorrow.
TVii will not include its full range of features as yet but it will give Wii U users a taste of the kind of entertainment features Nintendo's new console will offer outside of gaming.
Currently the app features interactive guides for TV, Hulu Plus and Amazon Instant Video programming as well as the ability to search for online information on programmes and post comments on social networks.
"After Dec. 20, you'll never look at your TV the same way again. Wii U owners have already experienced the transformative effect that the GamePad has on game play and social interaction. Nintendo TVii shows how the integrated second screen of the GamePad can also transform and enhance the TV viewing experience. Welcome to the new world of TVii," said Nintendo Of America boss Reggie Fils-Aime.
TVii won't be available in Europe until some time in 2013.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer