TVii app to launch on Wii U tomorrow in North America
The television app for the Wii U, TVii is set to launch in the United States and Canada tomorrow.
TVii will not include its full range of features as yet but it will give Wii U users a taste of the kind of entertainment features Nintendo's new console will offer outside of gaming.
Currently the app features interactive guides for TV, Hulu Plus and Amazon Instant Video programming as well as the ability to search for online information on programmes and post comments on social networks.
"After Dec. 20, you'll never look at your TV the same way again. Wii U owners have already experienced the transformative effect that the GamePad has on game play and social interaction. Nintendo TVii shows how the integrated second screen of the GamePad can also transform and enhance the TV viewing experience. Welcome to the new world of TVii," said Nintendo Of America boss Reggie Fils-Aime.
TVii won't be available in Europe until some time in 2013.
- Valve introduces a new refund policy for Steam
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD coming to PC via Steam
- Dark Souls 3 could be revealed at E3
- This is not a hoax: Official Fallout 4 teaser site appears
- Windows 10 will launch at the end of next month
- The new King's Quest trailer looks at the making of the game's music
- Microsoft teases the world premiere of Rise Of The Tomb Raider's gameplay at E3 this month
- XCOM 2 coming to PC this November
- Possible dates for the Steam Summer Sale appear online