TVii app to launch on Wii U tomorrow in North America
The television app for the Wii U, TVii is set to launch in the United States and Canada tomorrow.
TVii will not include its full range of features as yet but it will give Wii U users a taste of the kind of entertainment features Nintendo's new console will offer outside of gaming.
Currently the app features interactive guides for TV, Hulu Plus and Amazon Instant Video programming as well as the ability to search for online information on programmes and post comments on social networks.
"After Dec. 20, you'll never look at your TV the same way again. Wii U owners have already experienced the transformative effect that the GamePad has on game play and social interaction. Nintendo TVii shows how the integrated second screen of the GamePad can also transform and enhance the TV viewing experience. Welcome to the new world of TVii," said Nintendo Of America boss Reggie Fils-Aime.
TVii won't be available in Europe until some time in 2013.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3