First expansion for Star Wars: The Old Republic to be download only
BioWare's first major expansion for The Old Republic will not be coming to retail according to the latest reports.
They are currently working on The Rise Of The Hutt Cartel and it's even available to pre-order with subscribers paying 9.99 USD while F2P players will have to fork over 19.99 USD but it will only be released via download, bypassing brick and mortar retail completely.
BioWare are bringing a raft of new content with the expansion which will feature a load of new missions based around the Hutt Cartel and its rise to dominance in the Star Wars universe.
It will also feature new creatures, droids, battle stations as well as raising the level cap to 55.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer