Sad day for games development as THQ files for bankruptcy
After a protracted battle for survival over the course of the last 18 months or so THQ has finally thrown in the towel and filed for bankruptcy.
The Saints Row publisher has been struggling for some time with a raft of underperforming titles especially the now notorious Uplay Tablet for the Wii, PS3 and Xbox 360 which is rumoured to have lost them a nine-figure sum.
It is unclear what will happen to the company's many assets which include the highly skilled development studios like Darksiders dev Vigil, RTS specialists Relic Entertainment and Saints Row developer Volition.
It is likely that the publisher's assets will be stripped off and sold to the highest bidders to cover the company's mounting debts so hopefully there will be light at the end of the tunnel for the many talented developers whose jobs are currently at risk.
Thanks Develop Online.
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey