Sad day for games development as THQ files for bankruptcy
After a protracted battle for survival over the course of the last 18 months or so THQ has finally thrown in the towel and filed for bankruptcy.
The Saints Row publisher has been struggling for some time with a raft of underperforming titles especially the now notorious Uplay Tablet for the Wii, PS3 and Xbox 360 which is rumoured to have lost them a nine-figure sum.
It is unclear what will happen to the company's many assets which include the highly skilled development studios like Darksiders dev Vigil, RTS specialists Relic Entertainment and Saints Row developer Volition.
It is likely that the publisher's assets will be stripped off and sold to the highest bidders to cover the company's mounting debts so hopefully there will be light at the end of the tunnel for the many talented developers whose jobs are currently at risk.
Thanks Develop Online.
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light