Sad day for games development as THQ files for bankruptcy
After a protracted battle for survival over the course of the last 18 months or so THQ has finally thrown in the towel and filed for bankruptcy.
The Saints Row publisher has been struggling for some time with a raft of underperforming titles especially the now notorious Uplay Tablet for the Wii, PS3 and Xbox 360 which is rumoured to have lost them a nine-figure sum.
It is unclear what will happen to the company's many assets which include the highly skilled development studios like Darksiders dev Vigil, RTS specialists Relic Entertainment and Saints Row developer Volition.
It is likely that the publisher's assets will be stripped off and sold to the highest bidders to cover the company's mounting debts so hopefully there will be light at the end of the tunnel for the many talented developers whose jobs are currently at risk.
Thanks Develop Online.
- Watch Us Play.tm: Metro Redux
- Capcom suing Koei Tecmo for a lot of patent infringement
- New fighters and gameply features come in with EA Sports UFC's second free update
- NHL 15 demo faces off on PS4 and Xbox One
- Chair bringing the Infinity Blade saga to a close next week
- Watchmen and Dexter actors provide the voices for The Evil Within
- Square Enix apologises over confusion surrounding the Rise Of The Tomb Raider announcement
- Antitrust issues caused Google to back out of buying Twitch
- Metro Redux launch trailer arrives as the collection launches in North America