Raptr names Borderlands 2 as most played new game of 2012
Gamer's social networking site Raptr has named Gearbox's all-conquering sequel, Borderlands 2 as the most played new game of 2012.
Raptr allows gamers to link their PSN, Xbox Live and Steam accounts together and keeps track of all their achievements/trophies and play time for every game they play on these platforms.
Borderlands 2 was played 200 percent more that its nearest rival which was Diablo III. It also snagged the No Bathroom Break award. Elsewhere Portal 2 saw the biggest boost from user-generated content with its Perpetual Testing Initiative, MW3 took Most Played Game and Minecraft was the most played game on XBLA.
Star Wars: The Old Republic saw the biggest boost from making the switch from subscription to free-to-play and, probably most interestingly Dragon's Dogma pipped Dishonored for the Most Played New IP.
- Resident Evil HD remake gets its first trailer
- Capcom working with Dimps on a what is probably Street Fighter V
- New Titanfall update adds Titan-free combat gameplay mode
- OnLive coming to Philips' new range fo Android-powered smart TVs
- Explore the rest of the solar system with Google's Destiny Planet View
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round coming to next-gen consoles
- Voting opens up for GamesAid's charity of 2014
- Nintendo promising a good 2015 with Zelda, Star Fox and Splatoon coming to Wii U
- Warframe comes to Xbox One today