Raptr names Borderlands 2 as most played new game of 2012
Gamer's social networking site Raptr has named Gearbox's all-conquering sequel, Borderlands 2 as the most played new game of 2012.
Raptr allows gamers to link their PSN, Xbox Live and Steam accounts together and keeps track of all their achievements/trophies and play time for every game they play on these platforms.
Borderlands 2 was played 200 percent more that its nearest rival which was Diablo III. It also snagged the No Bathroom Break award. Elsewhere Portal 2 saw the biggest boost from user-generated content with its Perpetual Testing Initiative, MW3 took Most Played Game and Minecraft was the most played game on XBLA.
Star Wars: The Old Republic saw the biggest boost from making the switch from subscription to free-to-play and, probably most interestingly Dragon's Dogma pipped Dishonored for the Most Played New IP.
- Hearthstone win-traders will be permanently banned says Blizzard
- Evolve Big Alpha delayed on PS4 due to issues with system update 2.0
- Your PC will need this much power under the hood to play The Crew
- LittleBigPlanet 3 will be fully backwards-compatible
- PS4 sales soar past the 13.5 million mark
- Resogun is coming to the PS Vita
- Smaller, cooler Xbox One processor in the works
- Prey 2 finally gets officially canned
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date