Raptr names Borderlands 2 as most played new game of 2012
Gamer's social networking site Raptr has named Gearbox's all-conquering sequel, Borderlands 2 as the most played new game of 2012.
Raptr allows gamers to link their PSN, Xbox Live and Steam accounts together and keeps track of all their achievements/trophies and play time for every game they play on these platforms.
Borderlands 2 was played 200 percent more that its nearest rival which was Diablo III. It also snagged the No Bathroom Break award. Elsewhere Portal 2 saw the biggest boost from user-generated content with its Perpetual Testing Initiative, MW3 took Most Played Game and Minecraft was the most played game on XBLA.
Star Wars: The Old Republic saw the biggest boost from making the switch from subscription to free-to-play and, probably most interestingly Dragon's Dogma pipped Dishonored for the Most Played New IP.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year