Raptr names Borderlands 2 as most played new game of 2012
Gamer's social networking site Raptr has named Gearbox's all-conquering sequel, Borderlands 2 as the most played new game of 2012.
Raptr allows gamers to link their PSN, Xbox Live and Steam accounts together and keeps track of all their achievements/trophies and play time for every game they play on these platforms.
Borderlands 2 was played 200 percent more that its nearest rival which was Diablo III. It also snagged the No Bathroom Break award. Elsewhere Portal 2 saw the biggest boost from user-generated content with its Perpetual Testing Initiative, MW3 took Most Played Game and Minecraft was the most played game on XBLA.
Star Wars: The Old Republic saw the biggest boost from making the switch from subscription to free-to-play and, probably most interestingly Dragon's Dogma pipped Dishonored for the Most Played New IP.
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III
- New Final Fantasy XV trailer unveiled, demo coming next year
- Final Fantasy XIII and its spin-offs coming to the PC
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a release date
- Visceral reveals details of Battlefield: Hardline's Hotwire multiplayer mode and a new gameplay video
- Singapore hotlap video arrives for F1 2014
- Darth Revan to make a return in Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Quake Live arrives on Steam