25th anniversary celebrations for Mega Man get under way with the launch of Street Fighter X Mega Man
Today marks the beginning of a year's worth of festivities Capcom has planned to celebrate the 25th birthday of their iconic little blue hero Mega Man.
The first action of the celebration is the free release of the fan-developed PC title Street Fighter X Mega Man which was created by Singapore-native Seow Zong Hui with support and direction from Capcom. The game features eight Street Fighter-themed levels each with its own boss inspired by Street Fighter's character roster.
Starting on December the 27th Capcom will also be beginning the staggered release of the original Mega Man titles one through to six on the 3DS. After Mega Man's Christmas release the rest of the titles will be available throughout 2013.
Street Fighter X Capcom is available to download on the PC from today on the Capcom Unity community website.
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter
- Shadow Of Mordor trailer introduces the unique orc character, Ratbag
- Saints Row IV coming to next-gen consoles
- Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell is a new standalone expansion
- First details of Telltale's Game Of Thrones series arrive
- SEGA unveils the new definitive Total War: Rome II – Emperor Edition
- Prison Architect alpha build 24 arrives
- Bayonetta 2 gets a final release date
- Deep Down now delayed until 2015