Cliff Bleszinski considering starting his own studio
Epic veteran Cliff Bleszinski is thinking about forming his very own development studio.
In his latest interview the Gears Of War creator explained that starting his own studio is almost inevitable; it's just a matter of finding the right people at the right time.
He began, "I'd been working with them [Epic] since I was 17 years old. It's time for a fresh start. I'll start a new studio maybe at some point. It's not a matter of if, its a matter of when and with who."
"When you start a studio," Bleszinski continued, "you want to have a philosophy for the overall studio as far as what the pillars of the studio is founded on, and then you also have good game design philosophy."
"Honestly I just want to create an environment where people can pan for gold because you don't always have the best idea first, you kind of have to trust the process and the people in that process," he added. "And don't self doubt. Games developers and game designers are so good at second-guessing and questioning each other. I just want to pan for gold whilst also having faith in the process."
Bleszinski also teased that he is working on a new IP codenamed after the Transformer Bluestreak but he was keeping tight-lipped on the details.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year