Cliff Bleszinski considering starting his own studio
Epic veteran Cliff Bleszinski is thinking about forming his very own development studio.
In his latest interview the Gears Of War creator explained that starting his own studio is almost inevitable; it's just a matter of finding the right people at the right time.
He began, "I'd been working with them [Epic] since I was 17 years old. It's time for a fresh start. I'll start a new studio maybe at some point. It's not a matter of if, its a matter of when and with who."
"When you start a studio," Bleszinski continued, "you want to have a philosophy for the overall studio as far as what the pillars of the studio is founded on, and then you also have good game design philosophy."
"Honestly I just want to create an environment where people can pan for gold because you don't always have the best idea first, you kind of have to trust the process and the people in that process," he added. "And don't self doubt. Games developers and game designers are so good at second-guessing and questioning each other. I just want to pan for gold whilst also having faith in the process."
Bleszinski also teased that he is working on a new IP codenamed after the Transformer Bluestreak but he was keeping tight-lipped on the details.
- Next week's Destiny events detailed
- Swery65's D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die is out now on Xbox One
- Silent Hills could be an episodic title
- Thomas Was Alone is making the jump to the PS4
- Destiny helps give the PS4 a 300 percent sales kick
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III