Cliff Bleszinski considering starting his own studio
Epic veteran Cliff Bleszinski is thinking about forming his very own development studio.
In his latest interview the Gears Of War creator explained that starting his own studio is almost inevitable; it's just a matter of finding the right people at the right time.
He began, "I'd been working with them [Epic] since I was 17 years old. It's time for a fresh start. I'll start a new studio maybe at some point. It's not a matter of if, its a matter of when and with who."
"When you start a studio," Bleszinski continued, "you want to have a philosophy for the overall studio as far as what the pillars of the studio is founded on, and then you also have good game design philosophy."
"Honestly I just want to create an environment where people can pan for gold because you don't always have the best idea first, you kind of have to trust the process and the people in that process," he added. "And don't self doubt. Games developers and game designers are so good at second-guessing and questioning each other. I just want to pan for gold whilst also having faith in the process."
Bleszinski also teased that he is working on a new IP codenamed after the Transformer Bluestreak but he was keeping tight-lipped on the details.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year