Cliff Bleszinski considering starting his own studio
Epic veteran Cliff Bleszinski is thinking about forming his very own development studio.
In his latest interview the Gears Of War creator explained that starting his own studio is almost inevitable; it's just a matter of finding the right people at the right time.
He began, "I'd been working with them [Epic] since I was 17 years old. It's time for a fresh start. I'll start a new studio maybe at some point. It's not a matter of if, its a matter of when and with who."
"When you start a studio," Bleszinski continued, "you want to have a philosophy for the overall studio as far as what the pillars of the studio is founded on, and then you also have good game design philosophy."
"Honestly I just want to create an environment where people can pan for gold because you don't always have the best idea first, you kind of have to trust the process and the people in that process," he added. "And don't self doubt. Games developers and game designers are so good at second-guessing and questioning each other. I just want to pan for gold whilst also having faith in the process."
Bleszinski also teased that he is working on a new IP codenamed after the Transformer Bluestreak but he was keeping tight-lipped on the details.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3