Homefront 2 critical for THQ and Crytek says Cervat Yerli
Talking about THQ is a difficult thing right now given the extremely precarious financial situation the Saints Row and Darksiders publisher is in.
Speaking in a recent interview Crytek boss Cervat Yerli approached the subject carefully but admits that success of the project that they have undertaken for THQ, the development of Homefront 2 is key not just to the struggling publisher's survival but to Crytek as well.
Yerli began expressing concern for THQ, "Obviously, it's an unsettling experience at times when you read this news [about trouble at THQ]."
"I mean," he went on, "we've constantly had a great relationship and communication with THQ's top management. What's more unsettling isn't when we read the news - because we kind of already know these things before the public - but when some of the team members don't know the details, and they get concerned. And then the fanbase gets that way as well. When the fanbase of Homefront or Crytek gets worried, we need to fix that."
"We'll see how it turns out. We know how our relationship is, but we don't know what's happening to fix THQ's financial problems. That's THQ's prerogative. But we have hopes that THQ is going to turn around, and Homefront 2 is a very big part of that turnaround. I would say it's probably the most important project, actually. I would say it's the IP that's most relevant along with Saints Row. Those two are pretty much THQ's flagship," Yerli added.
While Homefront 2 is one of the cornerstones of THQ's revival it is not due out until 2014 and a question mark remains as to whether they will last that long.
Thanks Rock, Paper, Shotgun.
- Paid Skyrim mods become the shortest experiment in Steam history
- Warner Bros announces Batman: Arkham Knight Season Pass and Premium Edition
- New Just Cause 3 gameplay trailer features all of the destruction
- Techland announces a Dying Light modding contest alongside new updates for the toolset
- 2K announces the Evolve Proving Grounds tournament in conjunction with ESL
- Broken Age: Part 2 arrives for backers 24 hours ahead of the full launch
- Halo Championship Series Cup 1 cancelled due to continued online problems
- Dirt Rally announced as a PC exclusive, hits Steam Early Access
- PC benchmarking app arrives for Final Fantasy XIV players to make sure they can run Heavensward