Rockstar working on a next-gen game engine as they finish off GTA V
Evidence has appeared indicating that Rockstar are working on a powerful new game engine for the next generation of consoles.
New job vacancies at Rockstar North, the Edinburgh home of the GTA franchise, for an experienced programmer and physics programmer to develop "cutting edge" technology.
The programmer vacancy reads, "[The job] is an exciting opportunity to develop cutting-edge architectures and high performance systems for current and next-gen platforms."
The physics programmer vacancy is looking for "prior experience driving and developing a physics engine" because the chosen candidate will be building "cutting-edge physics and collision systems."
And Rockstar North are doing this all while they put the finishing touches to GTA V in time for its release in the Spring of next year.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto