Rockstar working on a next-gen game engine as they finish off GTA V
Evidence has appeared indicating that Rockstar are working on a powerful new game engine for the next generation of consoles.
New job vacancies at Rockstar North, the Edinburgh home of the GTA franchise, for an experienced programmer and physics programmer to develop "cutting edge" technology.
The programmer vacancy reads, "[The job] is an exciting opportunity to develop cutting-edge architectures and high performance systems for current and next-gen platforms."
The physics programmer vacancy is looking for "prior experience driving and developing a physics engine" because the chosen candidate will be building "cutting-edge physics and collision systems."
And Rockstar North are doing this all while they put the finishing touches to GTA V in time for its release in the Spring of next year.
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light