Rockstar working on a next-gen game engine as they finish off GTA V
Evidence has appeared indicating that Rockstar are working on a powerful new game engine for the next generation of consoles.
New job vacancies at Rockstar North, the Edinburgh home of the GTA franchise, for an experienced programmer and physics programmer to develop "cutting edge" technology.
The programmer vacancy reads, "[The job] is an exciting opportunity to develop cutting-edge architectures and high performance systems for current and next-gen platforms."
The physics programmer vacancy is looking for "prior experience driving and developing a physics engine" because the chosen candidate will be building "cutting-edge physics and collision systems."
And Rockstar North are doing this all while they put the finishing touches to GTA V in time for its release in the Spring of next year.
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny