Rockstar working on a next-gen game engine as they finish off GTA V
Evidence has appeared indicating that Rockstar are working on a powerful new game engine for the next generation of consoles.
New job vacancies at Rockstar North, the Edinburgh home of the GTA franchise, for an experienced programmer and physics programmer to develop "cutting edge" technology.
The programmer vacancy reads, "[The job] is an exciting opportunity to develop cutting-edge architectures and high performance systems for current and next-gen platforms."
The physics programmer vacancy is looking for "prior experience driving and developing a physics engine" because the chosen candidate will be building "cutting-edge physics and collision systems."
And Rockstar North are doing this all while they put the finishing touches to GTA V in time for its release in the Spring of next year.
- Resident Evil HD remake gets its first trailer
- Capcom working with Dimps on a what is probably Street Fighter V
- New Titanfall update adds Titan-free combat gameplay mode
- OnLive coming to Philips' new range fo Android-powered smart TVs
- Explore the rest of the solar system with Google's Destiny Planet View
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round coming to next-gen consoles
- Voting opens up for GamesAid's charity of 2014
- Nintendo promising a good 2015 with Zelda, Star Fox and Splatoon coming to Wii U
- Warframe comes to Xbox One today