Rockstar working on a next-gen game engine as they finish off GTA V
Evidence has appeared indicating that Rockstar are working on a powerful new game engine for the next generation of consoles.
New job vacancies at Rockstar North, the Edinburgh home of the GTA franchise, for an experienced programmer and physics programmer to develop "cutting edge" technology.
The programmer vacancy reads, "[The job] is an exciting opportunity to develop cutting-edge architectures and high performance systems for current and next-gen platforms."
The physics programmer vacancy is looking for "prior experience driving and developing a physics engine" because the chosen candidate will be building "cutting-edge physics and collision systems."
And Rockstar North are doing this all while they put the finishing touches to GTA V in time for its release in the Spring of next year.
- The Behemoth teases their fourth game, it will be playable at PAX Prime
- Sins Of A Solar Empire devs Ironclad successfully defends their use word Rebellion in one of their game titles
- Just Cause devs Avalanche have some surprises planned for 2015
- LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham gets a new Braniac trailer
- Sledgehammer boss confirms no Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare for Wii U
- Xbox One getting a Reddit app
- Konami releases a hat-trick of new screens for PES 2015
- 500GB hard drive coming for the Xbox 360 soon
- Watch the standard edition of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt unboxed in 18 seconds flat