Crysis 3 wrings every possible drop of performance out of the PS3 and Xbox 360
Crytek reckons that they have squeezed every ounce of performance out of the current generation of home consoles for Crysis 3.
Cervat Yerli, boss and co-founder of the German studio, believes that they have pushed the PS3 and Xbox 360 as far as they can go with next year's Crysis 3.
"Crysis 3 is absolutely maxing out the consoles," he stated. "There is absolutely not even one per cent left. No game will ever look technically better than Crysis 3 on these consoles, flat out. Most games are not even anywhere near Crysis 2 technically. I'm not talking about art style art is subjective but the pure fact of what we have been cramming in with Crysis 2 on Xbox and PlayStation, I've yet to see a game do that still today."
He continued, "With Crysis 3 we're pushing that to another level, but the PC is just two levels beyond. That's why we said [two years ago] that Crysis 3 is next-gen ready already. We did that without knowing the specs [of next-generation consoles], but it's not going to be much more than what we have done so far. And it turns out we were pretty much right."
Crysis 3 is out on PS3, Xbox 360 and PC this February.
- The next episode of Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare's Exo Zombies get s new trailer
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released