Crysis 3 wrings every possible drop of performance out of the PS3 and Xbox 360
Crytek reckons that they have squeezed every ounce of performance out of the current generation of home consoles for Crysis 3.
Cervat Yerli, boss and co-founder of the German studio, believes that they have pushed the PS3 and Xbox 360 as far as they can go with next year's Crysis 3.
"Crysis 3 is absolutely maxing out the consoles," he stated. "There is absolutely not even one per cent left. No game will ever look technically better than Crysis 3 on these consoles, flat out. Most games are not even anywhere near Crysis 2 technically. I'm not talking about art style art is subjective but the pure fact of what we have been cramming in with Crysis 2 on Xbox and PlayStation, I've yet to see a game do that still today."
He continued, "With Crysis 3 we're pushing that to another level, but the PC is just two levels beyond. That's why we said [two years ago] that Crysis 3 is next-gen ready already. We did that without knowing the specs [of next-generation consoles], but it's not going to be much more than what we have done so far. And it turns out we were pretty much right."
Crysis 3 is out on PS3, Xbox 360 and PC this February.
- Hearthstone win-traders will be permanently banned says Blizzard
- Evolve Big Alpha delayed on PS4 due to issues with system update 2.0
- Your PC will need this much power under the hood to play The Crew
- LittleBigPlanet 3 will be fully backwards-compatible
- PS4 sales soar past the 13.5 million mark
- Resogun is coming to the PS Vita
- Smaller, cooler Xbox One processor in the works
- Prey 2 finally gets officially canned
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date