The Secret World takes the Guild Wars approach
Funcom has decided to take a similar approach to ArenaNet for The Secret World and as dropped the subscription fee completely.
From today anyone who buys The Secret World will be able to access all the game's content and features completely subscription free just like ArenaNet has done with Guild Wars and Guild Wars II.
The new approach is underlined by the new motto 'Pay Once. Play Forever.' and they've even put together a new game trailer to celebrate the occasion.
The Secret World's new director, Joel Bylos said, "With this recent change there is no reason not to join and take part in The Secret World. Most players end up having a ton of fun once they delve into the myths and legends of The Secret World, and we believe the game has the potential to be even more successful without the subscription entry barrier. It is an ambitious and very exciting move for us!"
- Team Junkfish's procedural survival horror Monstrum to return to Steam Early Access
- Miyamoto: Next Mario game might not arrive until Nintendo releases a new console
- Final Fantasy trailer drop continues with a new look at Final Fantasy XV
- New Final Fantasy Type-0 HD trailer drops
- Activision gives a first look at the new Exo Zombies mode for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- Rockstar announces a Christmas bumper bonanza for GTA Online
- Hazelight to use the Unreal Engine 4 for their first game
- 343 Industries to offer Halo: ODST remastered campaign to apologise for Halo: The Master Chief Collection multiplayer problems
- Court rules that lawsuit against Sony over Killzone: Shadow Fall's 1080p claims