The Secret World takes the Guild Wars approach
Funcom has decided to take a similar approach to ArenaNet for The Secret World and as dropped the subscription fee completely.
From today anyone who buys The Secret World will be able to access all the game's content and features completely subscription free just like ArenaNet has done with Guild Wars and Guild Wars II.
The new approach is underlined by the new motto 'Pay Once. Play Forever.' and they've even put together a new game trailer to celebrate the occasion.
The Secret World's new director, Joel Bylos said, "With this recent change there is no reason not to join and take part in The Secret World. Most players end up having a ton of fun once they delve into the myths and legends of The Secret World, and we believe the game has the potential to be even more successful without the subscription entry barrier. It is an ambitious and very exciting move for us!"
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date
- Clerks stars Jeff Anderson and Jason Mewes talk about lending their voices to new adventure Randal's Monday
- Ubisoft announces details on the PvP modes for Far Cry 4
- Shadow Of Mordor's Lord Of The Hunt DLC detailed
- November's Games With Gold line-up is smashing... literally
- RedBedlam adds more content to the Steam Early Access version of their novel/game crossover Bedlam
- Shu Yoshida: PS Plus Edition of Driveclub won't arrive until the server issues are fixed
- New PC patch for The Evil Within unlocks 60fps for machines that can handle it
- Konami drops the price for Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes