The Secret World takes the Guild Wars approach
Funcom has decided to take a similar approach to ArenaNet for The Secret World and as dropped the subscription fee completely.
From today anyone who buys The Secret World will be able to access all the game's content and features completely subscription free just like ArenaNet has done with Guild Wars and Guild Wars II.
The new approach is underlined by the new motto 'Pay Once. Play Forever.' and they've even put together a new game trailer to celebrate the occasion.
The Secret World's new director, Joel Bylos said, "With this recent change there is no reason not to join and take part in The Secret World. Most players end up having a ton of fun once they delve into the myths and legends of The Secret World, and we believe the game has the potential to be even more successful without the subscription entry barrier. It is an ambitious and very exciting move for us!"
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny