The Secret World takes the Guild Wars approach
Funcom has decided to take a similar approach to ArenaNet for The Secret World and as dropped the subscription fee completely.
From today anyone who buys The Secret World will be able to access all the game's content and features completely subscription free just like ArenaNet has done with Guild Wars and Guild Wars II.
The new approach is underlined by the new motto 'Pay Once. Play Forever.' and they've even put together a new game trailer to celebrate the occasion.
The Secret World's new director, Joel Bylos said, "With this recent change there is no reason not to join and take part in The Secret World. Most players end up having a ton of fun once they delve into the myths and legends of The Secret World, and we believe the game has the potential to be even more successful without the subscription entry barrier. It is an ambitious and very exciting move for us!"
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light