The Secret World takes the Guild Wars approach
Funcom has decided to take a similar approach to ArenaNet for The Secret World and as dropped the subscription fee completely.
From today anyone who buys The Secret World will be able to access all the game's content and features completely subscription free just like ArenaNet has done with Guild Wars and Guild Wars II.
The new approach is underlined by the new motto 'Pay Once. Play Forever.' and they've even put together a new game trailer to celebrate the occasion.
The Secret World's new director, Joel Bylos said, "With this recent change there is no reason not to join and take part in The Secret World. Most players end up having a ton of fun once they delve into the myths and legends of The Secret World, and we believe the game has the potential to be even more successful without the subscription entry barrier. It is an ambitious and very exciting move for us!"
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer