The Last Of Us due out this May
In what is probably the most exciting news to come from this year's VGAs for PS3 gamers at least we finally have a release date for Naughty Dog's new survival title The Last Of Us.
So far, Naughty Dog has only teased us with gameplay footage showing off what has the potential to be their finest game year blending the visuals and the platforming of Uncharted with a new brutal survival setting.
The game follows two survivors of a modern-day plague, the ruthless Joel and his teenage companion Ellie as they make their way through an abandoned city battling with other survivors for resources as they go.
The release date popped up at the end of the trailer shown at the VGA's and indicated that the game would be out on May the 7th which is a Tuesday. This means that, unless Sony have a worldwide launch planned the UK and European release date will probably be May the 10th. Incidentally, this could very well coincide with the release of GTA V...
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title