The Last Of Us due out this May
In what is probably the most exciting news to come from this year's VGAs for PS3 gamers at least we finally have a release date for Naughty Dog's new survival title The Last Of Us.
So far, Naughty Dog has only teased us with gameplay footage showing off what has the potential to be their finest game year blending the visuals and the platforming of Uncharted with a new brutal survival setting.
The game follows two survivors of a modern-day plague, the ruthless Joel and his teenage companion Ellie as they make their way through an abandoned city battling with other survivors for resources as they go.
The release date popped up at the end of the trailer shown at the VGA's and indicated that the game would be out on May the 7th which is a Tuesday. This means that, unless Sony have a worldwide launch planned the UK and European release date will probably be May the 10th. Incidentally, this could very well coincide with the release of GTA V...
- Left 4 Dead 2 finally gets an uncensored release in Australia
- Starting Destiny from a “blank canvas” was liberating says Bungie
- Driveclub PS Plus Edition will be an added extra for PS Plus subscribers in October
- Chris Roberts: Star Citizen does have potential on next-gen consoles
- Rockstar explains the delay to the PC version of GTA V
- The plan is to bring PSOne, PS2 and PS4 games to PS Now in the future says Sony
- Major Nelson reveals three new Xbox 360 hardware bundles coming this week
- Markus 'Notch' Persson: “I didn’t have the connection to my fans I thought I had”
- Microsoft purchases Minecraft devs Mojang for 2.5 billion USD, Markus Persson and other founders to leave