The Last Of Us due out this May
In what is probably the most exciting news to come from this year's VGAs for PS3 gamers at least we finally have a release date for Naughty Dog's new survival title The Last Of Us.
So far, Naughty Dog has only teased us with gameplay footage showing off what has the potential to be their finest game year blending the visuals and the platforming of Uncharted with a new brutal survival setting.
The game follows two survivors of a modern-day plague, the ruthless Joel and his teenage companion Ellie as they make their way through an abandoned city battling with other survivors for resources as they go.
The release date popped up at the end of the trailer shown at the VGA's and indicated that the game would be out on May the 7th which is a Tuesday. This means that, unless Sony have a worldwide launch planned the UK and European release date will probably be May the 10th. Incidentally, this could very well coincide with the release of GTA V...
- Ninja Theory: We'll cross the 1080p/60fps bridge for Hellblade when we come to it
- Standalone DayZ not expected to leave Steam Early Access until 2016
- Telltale gives their Game Of Thrones series final release dates
- Large patch arrives to tackle the matchmaking issues with Halo: The Master Chief Collection
- BioWare looking into a bug stopping banter between party members in Dragon Age: Inquisition
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch introduces a new visual bug
- Metal Gear Online will return, reveal coming at The Game Awards 2014
- Ever wanted to know which next-gen console would survive a 15-foot drop?
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch is a bit on the large side