The Last Of Us due out this May
In what is probably the most exciting news to come from this year's VGAs for PS3 gamers at least we finally have a release date for Naughty Dog's new survival title The Last Of Us.
So far, Naughty Dog has only teased us with gameplay footage showing off what has the potential to be their finest game year blending the visuals and the platforming of Uncharted with a new brutal survival setting.
The game follows two survivors of a modern-day plague, the ruthless Joel and his teenage companion Ellie as they make their way through an abandoned city battling with other survivors for resources as they go.
The release date popped up at the end of the trailer shown at the VGA's and indicated that the game would be out on May the 7th which is a Tuesday. This means that, unless Sony have a worldwide launch planned the UK and European release date will probably be May the 10th. Incidentally, this could very well coincide with the release of GTA V...
- Shovel Knight arrives on PlayStation platforms this week
- Microsoft shows off Spartan Locke in action in Halo 5: Guardians
- Bethesda E3 press conference invites tease everything but Fallout 4
- New Mass Effect details possibly leaked in an online survey
- Phil Spencer promises a first-party-focused E3 offering from Microsoft
- Valve tackles phishing and scamming on Steam by requiring new users spend 5 USD to make use of all features
- Borderlands franchise director leaves Gearbox
- Blizzard announces a release date for Heroes Of The Storm and an open beta too
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May