Lords Of Shadow 2 brings the Castlevania series into the modern day
The latest trailer for next year's much awaited Castlevania: Lords Of Shadow sequel has shown a surprise change of setting for the series.
Lords Of Shadow 2 will bring the series, known for it's ornate Gothic settings, right in to the modern age with gameplay that developer Mercury Steam will span centuries. There will be historic detours but most of the action will take place in the here and now.
The trailer shows Dracula, voiced by Glaswegian actor Robert Carlyle, collecting his memories of his life long ago as he awakens from a prolonged period of sleep, wizened and old.
Castlevania: Lords Of Shadow 2 is due out later in 2013 on PS3, Xbox 360 and PC powered by Mercury Steam's impressive new Mercury Engine 2 game engine. The trailer is available to watch over on the Castlevania official website.
- Stealth Inc 2 is coming to PC, PlayStation and Xbox
- Frozenbyte announces Trine 3: Artifacts Of Power
- Epic has dropped the subscription fee for the Unreal Engine 4
- Rumour: DirectX 12 could allow mixing and matching of AMD and Nvidia GPUs
- No more online modes for Ridge Racer Unbounded in Europe
- Mortal Kombat X coming to mobiles as a free-to-play card battler
- EA announces details of Battlefield: Hardline Premium
- Payday 2: Crimewave Edition to hit PS4 and Xbox One in the summer
- Valve and HTC partner up for the new SteamVR device the Vive