Lords Of Shadow 2 brings the Castlevania series into the modern day
The latest trailer for next year's much awaited Castlevania: Lords Of Shadow sequel has shown a surprise change of setting for the series.
Lords Of Shadow 2 will bring the series, known for it's ornate Gothic settings, right in to the modern age with gameplay that developer Mercury Steam will span centuries. There will be historic detours but most of the action will take place in the here and now.
The trailer shows Dracula, voiced by Glaswegian actor Robert Carlyle, collecting his memories of his life long ago as he awakens from a prolonged period of sleep, wizened and old.
Castlevania: Lords Of Shadow 2 is due out later in 2013 on PS3, Xbox 360 and PC powered by Mercury Steam's impressive new Mercury Engine 2 game engine. The trailer is available to watch over on the Castlevania official website.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer