Lords Of Shadow 2 brings the Castlevania series into the modern day
The latest trailer for next year's much awaited Castlevania: Lords Of Shadow sequel has shown a surprise change of setting for the series.
Lords Of Shadow 2 will bring the series, known for it's ornate Gothic settings, right in to the modern age with gameplay that developer Mercury Steam will span centuries. There will be historic detours but most of the action will take place in the here and now.
The trailer shows Dracula, voiced by Glaswegian actor Robert Carlyle, collecting his memories of his life long ago as he awakens from a prolonged period of sleep, wizened and old.
Castlevania: Lords Of Shadow 2 is due out later in 2013 on PS3, Xbox 360 and PC powered by Mercury Steam's impressive new Mercury Engine 2 game engine. The trailer is available to watch over on the Castlevania official website.
- Classic PC survival horror series returns with Alone In The Dark: Illumination
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 confirmed with a concept trailer
- Xbox One owners, Destiny wants to eat your hard drive
- Saints Row IV modding tools released for PC
- Volition's Steve Jaros: Sarkeesian was right to call out Saints Row
- Playable Silent Hill teaser P.T. downloaded 1 million times
- Blooborne gets a Japanese release date
- Rockstar says no delay to next-gen GTA V, November release date rumoured
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter