Lords Of Shadow 2 brings the Castlevania series into the modern day
The latest trailer for next year's much awaited Castlevania: Lords Of Shadow sequel has shown a surprise change of setting for the series.
Lords Of Shadow 2 will bring the series, known for it's ornate Gothic settings, right in to the modern age with gameplay that developer Mercury Steam will span centuries. There will be historic detours but most of the action will take place in the here and now.
The trailer shows Dracula, voiced by Glaswegian actor Robert Carlyle, collecting his memories of his life long ago as he awakens from a prolonged period of sleep, wizened and old.
Castlevania: Lords Of Shadow 2 is due out later in 2013 on PS3, Xbox 360 and PC powered by Mercury Steam's impressive new Mercury Engine 2 game engine. The trailer is available to watch over on the Castlevania official website.
- Bungie explains their latest weapon balancing efforts in Destiny, promises more is coming
- Blizzard aiming to release Hearthstone on Android tablets by the end of the year
- Former BioWare man Casey Hudson hints at an Oculus Rift project
- Dark Souls on PC to switch from Games For Windows Live to Steam next month
- Square Enix announces details and pricing on the premium livestream of Final Fantasy XIV Fan Festival 2014
- First Challenge Mode DLC arrives next week for Alien: Isolation
- Metallica to close out this year's BlizzCon
- Free DLC adds a new skin and runes to Shadow Of Mordor
- ESL Gaming app arrives for the Xbox One