Lords Of Shadow 2 brings the Castlevania series into the modern day
The latest trailer for next year's much awaited Castlevania: Lords Of Shadow sequel has shown a surprise change of setting for the series.
Lords Of Shadow 2 will bring the series, known for it's ornate Gothic settings, right in to the modern age with gameplay that developer Mercury Steam will span centuries. There will be historic detours but most of the action will take place in the here and now.
The trailer shows Dracula, voiced by Glaswegian actor Robert Carlyle, collecting his memories of his life long ago as he awakens from a prolonged period of sleep, wizened and old.
Castlevania: Lords Of Shadow 2 is due out later in 2013 on PS3, Xbox 360 and PC powered by Mercury Steam's impressive new Mercury Engine 2 game engine. The trailer is available to watch over on the Castlevania official website.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3