Lords Of Shadow 2 brings the Castlevania series into the modern day
The latest trailer for next year's much awaited Castlevania: Lords Of Shadow sequel has shown a surprise change of setting for the series.
Lords Of Shadow 2 will bring the series, known for it's ornate Gothic settings, right in to the modern age with gameplay that developer Mercury Steam will span centuries. There will be historic detours but most of the action will take place in the here and now.
The trailer shows Dracula, voiced by Glaswegian actor Robert Carlyle, collecting his memories of his life long ago as he awakens from a prolonged period of sleep, wizened and old.
Castlevania: Lords Of Shadow 2 is due out later in 2013 on PS3, Xbox 360 and PC powered by Mercury Steam's impressive new Mercury Engine 2 game engine. The trailer is available to watch over on the Castlevania official website.
- Fahrenheit remaster arrives on PC and iOS
- Feminist Frequency planning two new series for 2015
- Other Ocean's #IDARB and Brothers: A Tale Of Two Sons heading to Xbox Live's Games With Gold next month
- Cupcakes unveiled by The Behemoth as a new unit in Game 4
- Battlefield: Hardline developer diary arrives, promises beta date tomorrow
- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn gets a free-login weekend beginning Friday
- Sony dropping the Maps and YouTube apps from the PS Vita
- Unidentified Russian believed to responsible for distributing Ubisoft's deleted illegitemate game keys
- Dragon Age: Inquisition becomes BioWare's best-selling game yet