Blizzard has console builds of Diablo III up and running
Blizzard's Rob Pardo has revealed that they do console builds of Diablo III running but they're not ready to talk about them just yet.
It has been two years since Blizzard first suggested the idea of bringing their genre-defining dungeon crawler series to consoles but, as usual, they are taking their time to make sure that they can do it well before making any concrete announcements.
Pardo said, "We're still kind of exploring it. We've got builds up and running on it. We're hoping to get it far enough along where we can make it an official project, but we're not quite ready to release stuff about it, but it's looking pretty cool."
The official party line is that Blizzard are still exploring console options for Diablo III. In the meantime they will probably announce an expansion for the game some time next year.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto