Blizzard has console builds of Diablo III up and running
Blizzard's Rob Pardo has revealed that they do console builds of Diablo III running but they're not ready to talk about them just yet.
It has been two years since Blizzard first suggested the idea of bringing their genre-defining dungeon crawler series to consoles but, as usual, they are taking their time to make sure that they can do it well before making any concrete announcements.
Pardo said, "We're still kind of exploring it. We've got builds up and running on it. We're hoping to get it far enough along where we can make it an official project, but we're not quite ready to release stuff about it, but it's looking pretty cool."
The official party line is that Blizzard are still exploring console options for Diablo III. In the meantime they will probably announce an expansion for the game some time next year.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3