Eurocom goes into administration, all remaining staff let go
007 Legends developer, Eurocom has gone into administration after hat has been a pretty terrible month for the studio.
It was only a couple of weeks ago that Eurocom laid off 150 of its 200-strong workforce and they explained that they have been forced into administration as they are "experiencing financial difficulties due to expected contracts being delayed."
With the administrators called in, Eurocom has been shuttered and the remaining 50 staff have been let go calling time on 25 years of games development for the Derby-based studio.
Eurocom blamed their woes on the slow-down in the console and PC games business resulting in a reduction in titles being commissioned. It hasn't helped that of their most recent releases 007 Legends was universally panned by critics and Harry Potter Kinect disappeared without a trace in the midst of a sea of huge triple-A releases.
- Techland announces a Dying Light modding contest alongside new updates for the toolset
- 2K announces the Evolve Proving Grounds tournament in conjunction with ESL
- Broken Age: Part 2 arrives for backers 24 hours ahead of the full launch
- Halo Championship Series Cup 1 cancelled due to continued online problems
- Dirt Rally announced as a PC exclusive, hits Steam Early Access
- PC benchmarking app arrives for Final Fantasy XIV players to make sure they can run Heavensward
- [UPDATE] Hideo Kojima and Guillermo Del Toro collaboration Silent Hills looks like it has been canned
- Gears Of War Xbox One remaster looks like it's coming
- Batman: Arkham Knight will have GTA V-style character switching