Eurocom goes into administration, all remaining staff let go
007 Legends developer, Eurocom has gone into administration after hat has been a pretty terrible month for the studio.
It was only a couple of weeks ago that Eurocom laid off 150 of its 200-strong workforce and they explained that they have been forced into administration as they are "experiencing financial difficulties due to expected contracts being delayed."
With the administrators called in, Eurocom has been shuttered and the remaining 50 staff have been let go calling time on 25 years of games development for the Derby-based studio.
Eurocom blamed their woes on the slow-down in the console and PC games business resulting in a reduction in titles being commissioned. It hasn't helped that of their most recent releases 007 Legends was universally panned by critics and Harry Potter Kinect disappeared without a trace in the midst of a sea of huge triple-A releases.
- The Vanishing Of Ethan Carter gets a PC release date
- Sony schedules PSN maintenance for Monday
- Warframe update 14 hits PS4 as it closes in on 10 million registered users
- Bungie releases the official Destiny launch gameplay trailer
- Codemasters releases a new Austria hotlap video for F1 2014
- Eden Hazard joins Lionel Messi on the cover of FIFA 15
- PS Vita getting a five-game Adventure Mega Pack hardware bundle
- Lords Of The Fallen has “a steep learning curve”
- PS4 trailer arrives for Dreamfall Chapters, and some screenshots too