Hawken open beta confirmed for launch next week
Today marks the end of the final closed beta test session for upcoming free-to-play mech shooter Hawken and developer Adhesive Games has confirmed that the game will launch in open beta as planned next week.
Hawken has proven to be one of the most ambitious free-to-play titles yet building a first-person mech shooter title that has all the pace and impressive visuals of a top triple-A FPS and so far the results have been pretty spectaular.
Chris Lalli, co-founder of Adhesive Games and lead animator on Hawken said, "Open beta is our chance to implement all the good feedback we've gotten from closed beta players on the forums, and deliver the changes the community wants to see."
"We have so much more to add to Hawken," he continued, "lots of features, balance changes, and improvements. The open beta event allows us flexibility to roll out these updates in waves, and get instant player feedback that will influence the final version of the game. The community will really have the ability to shape the game and be part of its development."
Hawken launches in open beta on December the 12th and you can sign up to join in at playhawken.com. Before that happens though keep your eye out for our preview of Hawken which will go live in the next few days.
- October PS Plus Instant Game Collection line-up announced with Driveclub as a bonus
- Betas planned for every platform should ensure Battlefield: Hardline will work at launch
- Latest patch for Battlefield 4 fixes just about everything and unblocks your kitchen sink
- Warface gets updated with new maps and a few gameplay tweaks
- Platinum Games' Hideki Kamiya gives one final response to those begging for Bayonetta 2 to be released on PS4 and Xbox One
- Shadow Of Mordor devs not worried by the Assassin's Creed comparisons
- LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham heading to New York ComicCon 2014
- Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty gets brand new 'Old School' controls
- Bungie concedes that Destiny's storyline was recut less than a year from release