Hawken open beta confirmed for launch next week
Today marks the end of the final closed beta test session for upcoming free-to-play mech shooter Hawken and developer Adhesive Games has confirmed that the game will launch in open beta as planned next week.
Hawken has proven to be one of the most ambitious free-to-play titles yet building a first-person mech shooter title that has all the pace and impressive visuals of a top triple-A FPS and so far the results have been pretty spectaular.
Chris Lalli, co-founder of Adhesive Games and lead animator on Hawken said, "Open beta is our chance to implement all the good feedback we've gotten from closed beta players on the forums, and deliver the changes the community wants to see."
"We have so much more to add to Hawken," he continued, "lots of features, balance changes, and improvements. The open beta event allows us flexibility to roll out these updates in waves, and get instant player feedback that will influence the final version of the game. The community will really have the ability to shape the game and be part of its development."
Hawken launches in open beta on December the 12th and you can sign up to join in at playhawken.com. Before that happens though keep your eye out for our preview of Hawken which will go live in the next few days.
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey