Hawken open beta confirmed for launch next week
Today marks the end of the final closed beta test session for upcoming free-to-play mech shooter Hawken and developer Adhesive Games has confirmed that the game will launch in open beta as planned next week.
Hawken has proven to be one of the most ambitious free-to-play titles yet building a first-person mech shooter title that has all the pace and impressive visuals of a top triple-A FPS and so far the results have been pretty spectaular.
Chris Lalli, co-founder of Adhesive Games and lead animator on Hawken said, "Open beta is our chance to implement all the good feedback we've gotten from closed beta players on the forums, and deliver the changes the community wants to see."
"We have so much more to add to Hawken," he continued, "lots of features, balance changes, and improvements. The open beta event allows us flexibility to roll out these updates in waves, and get instant player feedback that will influence the final version of the game. The community will really have the ability to shape the game and be part of its development."
Hawken launches in open beta on December the 12th and you can sign up to join in at playhawken.com. Before that happens though keep your eye out for our preview of Hawken which will go live in the next few days.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year