Hawken open beta confirmed for launch next week
Today marks the end of the final closed beta test session for upcoming free-to-play mech shooter Hawken and developer Adhesive Games has confirmed that the game will launch in open beta as planned next week.
Hawken has proven to be one of the most ambitious free-to-play titles yet building a first-person mech shooter title that has all the pace and impressive visuals of a top triple-A FPS and so far the results have been pretty spectaular.
Chris Lalli, co-founder of Adhesive Games and lead animator on Hawken said, "Open beta is our chance to implement all the good feedback we've gotten from closed beta players on the forums, and deliver the changes the community wants to see."
"We have so much more to add to Hawken," he continued, "lots of features, balance changes, and improvements. The open beta event allows us flexibility to roll out these updates in waves, and get instant player feedback that will influence the final version of the game. The community will really have the ability to shape the game and be part of its development."
Hawken launches in open beta on December the 12th and you can sign up to join in at playhawken.com. Before that happens though keep your eye out for our preview of Hawken which will go live in the next few days.
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter
- Shadow Of Mordor trailer introduces the unique orc character, Ratbag
- Saints Row IV coming to next-gen consoles
- Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell is a new standalone expansion
- First details of Telltale's Game Of Thrones series arrive
- SEGA unveils the new definitive Total War: Rome II – Emperor Edition
- Prison Architect alpha build 24 arrives
- Bayonetta 2 gets a final release date
- Deep Down now delayed until 2015