Creative Assembly to get their hands on the Warhammer franchise
Plenty of gamers must have been wondering how cool it would be if Creative Assembly applied their Total War formula to the Games Workshop's Warhammer franchise and now they will get to see the result.
SEGA and Creative Assembly announced today that they will be working with the Games Workshop to produce Total War: Warhammer news which is immensely exciting for fantasy strategy fans.
Tim Heaton, studio boss at Creative Assembly said, "With this year being our 25th anniversary, it seems fitting for us to embark on such a dream project with such a well-established partner. The incredibly rich and detailed Warhammer world is something we grew up with, and has left an indelible imprint on us as both designers and gamers."
"We'll be doing the Warhammer universe justice in a way that has never been attempted before," he continued. "We're bringing those 25 years of experience and expertise in extremely high-scoring games to bear, delivering a Warhammer experience that videogamers will absolutely love."
The Warhammer title is one of five projects in development at Creative Assembly that includes Total War: Rome II and their unrevealed Alien title.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3