Creative Assembly to get their hands on the Warhammer franchise
Plenty of gamers must have been wondering how cool it would be if Creative Assembly applied their Total War formula to the Games Workshop's Warhammer franchise and now they will get to see the result.
SEGA and Creative Assembly announced today that they will be working with the Games Workshop to produce Total War: Warhammer news which is immensely exciting for fantasy strategy fans.
Tim Heaton, studio boss at Creative Assembly said, "With this year being our 25th anniversary, it seems fitting for us to embark on such a dream project with such a well-established partner. The incredibly rich and detailed Warhammer world is something we grew up with, and has left an indelible imprint on us as both designers and gamers."
"We'll be doing the Warhammer universe justice in a way that has never been attempted before," he continued. "We're bringing those 25 years of experience and expertise in extremely high-scoring games to bear, delivering a Warhammer experience that videogamers will absolutely love."
The Warhammer title is one of five projects in development at Creative Assembly that includes Total War: Rome II and their unrevealed Alien title.
- Darth Revan to make a return in Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Quake Live arrives on Steam
- Survivor mode to bring lots of extra content for Alien: Isolation
- Microsoft to release a special version of the Xbox One controller for PC
- Don't be fooled by the violins and sunflowers, The Evil Within's TGS trailer is scary
- 2K Games revives the NHL 2K franchise for mobiles
- Sledgehammer bringing a touch of Dead Space's immersive design to Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- 343 on the absence of Halo 3: ODST and Halo: Reach from the Master Chief Collection: We ran out of disc space
- Latest PS3 update for Minecraft adds save transfer to PS4 support, Vita version still in testing