Creative Assembly to get their hands on the Warhammer franchise
Plenty of gamers must have been wondering how cool it would be if Creative Assembly applied their Total War formula to the Games Workshop's Warhammer franchise and now they will get to see the result.
SEGA and Creative Assembly announced today that they will be working with the Games Workshop to produce Total War: Warhammer news which is immensely exciting for fantasy strategy fans.
Tim Heaton, studio boss at Creative Assembly said, "With this year being our 25th anniversary, it seems fitting for us to embark on such a dream project with such a well-established partner. The incredibly rich and detailed Warhammer world is something we grew up with, and has left an indelible imprint on us as both designers and gamers."
"We'll be doing the Warhammer universe justice in a way that has never been attempted before," he continued. "We're bringing those 25 years of experience and expertise in extremely high-scoring games to bear, delivering a Warhammer experience that videogamers will absolutely love."
The Warhammer title is one of five projects in development at Creative Assembly that includes Total War: Rome II and their unrevealed Alien title.
- Feminist Frequency's Anita Sarkeesian driven out of her home by internet abuse
- Shadow Realms lead writer talks the inspiration behind the game's story
- PlayStation Allstars and Joe Danger headline September's PS Plus Instant Game Collection
- Titanfall will ge more cool free stuff after the last DLC but Respawn won't support it indefinitely
- Gauntlet release date pushed back
- Yakuza Zero announced for PS4 and PS3
- Escape Dead Island gets a release date, comes with guaranteed access to the Dead Island 2 beta
- Diablo III: Reaper Of Souls PC patch 2.1.0 arrives
- Next-gen and PC GTA V versions rumoured to be delayed into 2015