Creative Assembly to get their hands on the Warhammer franchise
Plenty of gamers must have been wondering how cool it would be if Creative Assembly applied their Total War formula to the Games Workshop's Warhammer franchise and now they will get to see the result.
SEGA and Creative Assembly announced today that they will be working with the Games Workshop to produce Total War: Warhammer news which is immensely exciting for fantasy strategy fans.
Tim Heaton, studio boss at Creative Assembly said, "With this year being our 25th anniversary, it seems fitting for us to embark on such a dream project with such a well-established partner. The incredibly rich and detailed Warhammer world is something we grew up with, and has left an indelible imprint on us as both designers and gamers."
"We'll be doing the Warhammer universe justice in a way that has never been attempted before," he continued. "We're bringing those 25 years of experience and expertise in extremely high-scoring games to bear, delivering a Warhammer experience that videogamers will absolutely love."
The Warhammer title is one of five projects in development at Creative Assembly that includes Total War: Rome II and their unrevealed Alien title.
- New Destiny trailer teases interesting new stuff coming with The Dark Below
- Geometry Wars 3 hits PC today, consoles tomorrow
- Retail listing for ZombiU 2 spotted
- 343 admits last week's Halo: The Master Chief Collection patch didn't work as well as they'd hoped, promises to keep working
- Dark Souls II is heading to PS4, Xbox One and DirectX 11 PC next year
- Square Enix boss promises a brand new console RPG reveal next month
- Ubisoft reveals there will be no release day reviews for The Crew
- Surprise! Tales From The Borderlands episode one is out today
- StarCraft 2 pro-player expelled from Fragbite Masters tournament for Twitter rape comment about a female opponent