Creative Assembly to get their hands on the Warhammer franchise
Plenty of gamers must have been wondering how cool it would be if Creative Assembly applied their Total War formula to the Games Workshop's Warhammer franchise and now they will get to see the result.
SEGA and Creative Assembly announced today that they will be working with the Games Workshop to produce Total War: Warhammer news which is immensely exciting for fantasy strategy fans.
Tim Heaton, studio boss at Creative Assembly said, "With this year being our 25th anniversary, it seems fitting for us to embark on such a dream project with such a well-established partner. The incredibly rich and detailed Warhammer world is something we grew up with, and has left an indelible imprint on us as both designers and gamers."
"We'll be doing the Warhammer universe justice in a way that has never been attempted before," he continued. "We're bringing those 25 years of experience and expertise in extremely high-scoring games to bear, delivering a Warhammer experience that videogamers will absolutely love."
The Warhammer title is one of five projects in development at Creative Assembly that includes Total War: Rome II and their unrevealed Alien title.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year