Ouya devkits shipping to developers this month
The first round of development kits will be shipping to studios for the crowd-funded Android-based home console, the Ouya.
The Ouya has been running to schedule so far and the first round of devkits will be heading out to the Kickstarter backers on December the 28th.
Ouya's makers added on their blog, "We've also had a team focused on the user interface. This involves optimizing Android Jelly Bean to play games on a big screen and spending time understanding the best ways gamers can search for and discover new games."
The Ouya will arrive for those that have pre-ordered it in March of next year with the console hitting retail the following month.
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny