Ouya devkits shipping to developers this month
The first round of development kits will be shipping to studios for the crowd-funded Android-based home console, the Ouya.
The Ouya has been running to schedule so far and the first round of devkits will be heading out to the Kickstarter backers on December the 28th.
Ouya's makers added on their blog, "We've also had a team focused on the user interface. This involves optimizing Android Jelly Bean to play games on a big screen and spending time understanding the best ways gamers can search for and discover new games."
The Ouya will arrive for those that have pre-ordered it in March of next year with the console hitting retail the following month.
- Battlefield: Hardline beta rumoured to begin next week
- New Heart Of Thorns expansion announced for Guild Wars 2
- Wikipedia arbitration committee bans five feminist editors from commenting on feminist articles over GamerGate
- Ubisoft in the process of deleting game keys fraudulently-acquired by resellers from UPlay
- Gearbox is now recruiting for developers to work on Borderlands 3
- DayZ passes the 3 million sales mark on Steam Early Access
- Planetside 2 sets a new Guinness World Record for the most players in an online FPS game
- Homeworld remasters look stunning, will be released next month
- Riot Games in talks with European ISPs over building a dedicated League Of Legends network