Xbox 720 could be released before Thanksgiving 2013
Sources, (anonymous of course) have suggested that, given the 360's impressive performance across the Thanksgiving period in the US, Microsoft will seek to release their next home console in time to capitalise on the same period next year.
The Xbox 360 sold nearly twice the volume of the Wii U during its launch week (that's the week of November the 18th) and has continued to sell strongly in the lead up to Christmas taking advantage of holiday sales and Black Friday deals.
Business sources close to Microsoft have stated that they will be aiming to take full advantage of the same sales environment for their new console pointing to a release for Durango some time just before Thanksgiving 2013.
These are just rumours at the moment and it looks like we won't see anything concrete on new home consoles from Microsoft or Sony before E3 2013. Expect more rumours to surface around DICE and the GDC at the beginning of next year.
- Left 4 Dead 2 finally gets an uncensored release in Australia
- Starting Destiny from a “blank canvas” was liberating says Bungie
- Driveclub PS Plus Edition will be an added extra for PS Plus subscribers in October
- Chris Roberts: Star Citizen does have potential on next-gen consoles
- Rockstar explains the delay to the PC version of GTA V
- The plan is to bring PSOne, PS2 and PS4 games to PS Now in the future says Sony
- Major Nelson reveals three new Xbox 360 hardware bundles coming this week
- Markus 'Notch' Persson: “I didn’t have the connection to my fans I thought I had”
- Microsoft purchases Minecraft devs Mojang for 2.5 billion USD, Markus Persson and other founders to leave