No Dead Island: Riptide for Germany
It looks like the Germany games censors have struck again, this time banning the uncensored version of Dead Island: Riptide.
As Techland haven't prepared a censored version of their zombie survival bash 'em up and due to German law prohibiting the sale of games containing gratuitous violence against human-like characters the game will not release in Germany which just happens to be Western Europe's largest gaming market.
Techland's Sebastian Reichert, creative producer on the game said, "We have no censored version of the game so we cannot release it in Germany. It feels f**king awkward to have one of the most successful games in years and nobody in your country knows it."
Dead Island: Riptide is due out on PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 on April the 26th everywhere but Germany.
- Feminist Frequency's Anita Sarkeesian driven out of her home by internet abuse
- Shadow Realms lead writer talks the inspiration behind the game's story
- PlayStation Allstars and Joe Danger headline September's PS Plus Instant Game Collection
- Titanfall will ge more cool free stuff after the last DLC but Respawn won't support it indefinitely
- Gauntlet release date pushed back
- Yakuza Zero announced for PS4 and PS3
- Escape Dead Island gets a release date, comes with guaranteed access to the Dead Island 2 beta
- Diablo III: Reaper Of Souls PC patch 2.1.0 arrives
- Next-gen and PC GTA V versions rumoured to be delayed into 2015