No Dead Island: Riptide for Germany
It looks like the Germany games censors have struck again, this time banning the uncensored version of Dead Island: Riptide.
As Techland haven't prepared a censored version of their zombie survival bash 'em up and due to German law prohibiting the sale of games containing gratuitous violence against human-like characters the game will not release in Germany which just happens to be Western Europe's largest gaming market.
Techland's Sebastian Reichert, creative producer on the game said, "We have no censored version of the game so we cannot release it in Germany. It feels f**king awkward to have one of the most successful games in years and nobody in your country knows it."
Dead Island: Riptide is due out on PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 on April the 26th everywhere but Germany.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer