No Dead Island: Riptide for Germany
It looks like the Germany games censors have struck again, this time banning the uncensored version of Dead Island: Riptide.
As Techland haven't prepared a censored version of their zombie survival bash 'em up and due to German law prohibiting the sale of games containing gratuitous violence against human-like characters the game will not release in Germany which just happens to be Western Europe's largest gaming market.
Techland's Sebastian Reichert, creative producer on the game said, "We have no censored version of the game so we cannot release it in Germany. It feels f**king awkward to have one of the most successful games in years and nobody in your country knows it."
Dead Island: Riptide is due out on PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 on April the 26th everywhere but Germany.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3