Positive sales point to a bright future for Dishonored
Bethesda has been pleasantly surprised by just how well Dishonored has been performing.
The game has been almost universally received and sales have been buoyed by some pre-Christmas price reductions in stores.
Bethesda PR boss Pete Hines elaborated on Dishonored's excellent performance, "I can tell you that Dishonored is far exceeding our sales expectations, which is especially cool considering it's new IP facing a host of well-established franchises this quarter."
"We did terrific numbers again this past weekend," Hines continued, "both in stores and on Steam, where Dishonored was listed as the number one selling title over the holiday weekend. And Dishonored has really sold well overseas. So, we're very pleased and appreciate all the fans that have supported Dishonored and Arkane. We clearly have a new franchise."
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III
- New Final Fantasy XV trailer unveiled, demo coming next year
- Final Fantasy XIII and its spin-offs coming to the PC
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a release date
- Visceral reveals details of Battlefield: Hardline's Hotwire multiplayer mode and a new gameplay video
- Singapore hotlap video arrives for F1 2014