Positive sales point to a bright future for Dishonored
Bethesda has been pleasantly surprised by just how well Dishonored has been performing.
The game has been almost universally received and sales have been buoyed by some pre-Christmas price reductions in stores.
Bethesda PR boss Pete Hines elaborated on Dishonored's excellent performance, "I can tell you that Dishonored is far exceeding our sales expectations, which is especially cool considering it's new IP facing a host of well-established franchises this quarter."
"We did terrific numbers again this past weekend," Hines continued, "both in stores and on Steam, where Dishonored was listed as the number one selling title over the holiday weekend. And Dishonored has really sold well overseas. So, we're very pleased and appreciate all the fans that have supported Dishonored and Arkane. We clearly have a new franchise."
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer