Positive sales point to a bright future for Dishonored
Bethesda has been pleasantly surprised by just how well Dishonored has been performing.
The game has been almost universally received and sales have been buoyed by some pre-Christmas price reductions in stores.
Bethesda PR boss Pete Hines elaborated on Dishonored's excellent performance, "I can tell you that Dishonored is far exceeding our sales expectations, which is especially cool considering it's new IP facing a host of well-established franchises this quarter."
"We did terrific numbers again this past weekend," Hines continued, "both in stores and on Steam, where Dishonored was listed as the number one selling title over the holiday weekend. And Dishonored has really sold well overseas. So, we're very pleased and appreciate all the fans that have supported Dishonored and Arkane. We clearly have a new franchise."
- Classic PC survival horror series returns with Alone In The Dark: Illumination
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 confirmed with a concept trailer
- Xbox One owners, Destiny wants to eat your hard drive
- Saints Row IV modding tools released for PC
- Volition's Steve Jaros: Sarkeesian was right to call out Saints Row
- Playable Silent Hill teaser P.T. downloaded 1 million times
- Blooborne gets a Japanese release date
- Rockstar says no delay to next-gen GTA V, November release date rumoured
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter