Another failure the magnitude of FFXIV could sink us admits Square EnixFF
No-one in the industry is under the impression that the launch of Final Fantasy XIV was a catastrophic failure for Square Enix.
The producer/director of the reworked version of Squenix's biggest MMO, Naoki Yoshida, yet has admitted as much in a recent interview.
Yoshida-san stated with purpose, "We won't make another mistake like Final Fantasy XIV again. If we did, it would be like at the level of destroying the company. When I heard that it was it was going to go on sale as planned I thought, 'that will probably be a big mistake."
He continued, "I think it would have been good if they tried seeing what happened if they turned World of Warcraft into Final Fantasy. Because they tried only to make something that was 'different from Final Fantasy XI', they ended up with not much of anything. They should have said, 'Hey you, go play WoW for a year.' Unless you are a genius, you cannot make something new from nothing."
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey