Another failure the magnitude of FFXIV could sink us admits Square EnixFF
No-one in the industry is under the impression that the launch of Final Fantasy XIV was a catastrophic failure for Square Enix.
The producer/director of the reworked version of Squenix's biggest MMO, Naoki Yoshida, yet has admitted as much in a recent interview.
Yoshida-san stated with purpose, "We won't make another mistake like Final Fantasy XIV again. If we did, it would be like at the level of destroying the company. When I heard that it was it was going to go on sale as planned I thought, 'that will probably be a big mistake."
He continued, "I think it would have been good if they tried seeing what happened if they turned World of Warcraft into Final Fantasy. Because they tried only to make something that was 'different from Final Fantasy XI', they ended up with not much of anything. They should have said, 'Hey you, go play WoW for a year.' Unless you are a genius, you cannot make something new from nothing."
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny