Another failure the magnitude of FFXIV could sink us admits Square EnixFF
No-one in the industry is under the impression that the launch of Final Fantasy XIV was a catastrophic failure for Square Enix.
The producer/director of the reworked version of Squenix's biggest MMO, Naoki Yoshida, yet has admitted as much in a recent interview.
Yoshida-san stated with purpose, "We won't make another mistake like Final Fantasy XIV again. If we did, it would be like at the level of destroying the company. When I heard that it was it was going to go on sale as planned I thought, 'that will probably be a big mistake."
He continued, "I think it would have been good if they tried seeing what happened if they turned World of Warcraft into Final Fantasy. Because they tried only to make something that was 'different from Final Fantasy XI', they ended up with not much of anything. They should have said, 'Hey you, go play WoW for a year.' Unless you are a genius, you cannot make something new from nothing."
- Hearthstone win-traders will be permanently banned says Blizzard
- Evolve Big Alpha delayed on PS4 due to issues with system update 2.0
- Your PC will need this much power under the hood to play The Crew
- LittleBigPlanet 3 will be fully backwards-compatible
- PS4 sales soar past the 13.5 million mark
- Resogun is coming to the PS Vita
- Smaller, cooler Xbox One processor in the works
- Prey 2 finally gets officially canned
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date