Another failure the magnitude of FFXIV could sink us admits Square EnixFF
No-one in the industry is under the impression that the launch of Final Fantasy XIV was a catastrophic failure for Square Enix.
The producer/director of the reworked version of Squenix's biggest MMO, Naoki Yoshida, yet has admitted as much in a recent interview.
Yoshida-san stated with purpose, "We won't make another mistake like Final Fantasy XIV again. If we did, it would be like at the level of destroying the company. When I heard that it was it was going to go on sale as planned I thought, 'that will probably be a big mistake."
He continued, "I think it would have been good if they tried seeing what happened if they turned World of Warcraft into Final Fantasy. Because they tried only to make something that was 'different from Final Fantasy XI', they ended up with not much of anything. They should have said, 'Hey you, go play WoW for a year.' Unless you are a genius, you cannot make something new from nothing."
- Titanfall developers Respawn won't be at E3 this year
- Destiny: Xur's location and stock for May 28th
- Destiny's Trials Of Osiris declared a success, Bungie bans cheaters
- FIFA 16 will throw women's teams into the mix
- New The Elder Scrolls Online trailer shows off the expansive world of Tamriel
- Batman: Arkham Knight gets a new 7-minute gameplay trailer
- Wildstar to go free-to-play later this year
- AMD highlights the benefits DirectX 12 will offer their users
- It could be 2 years before CD Projekt RED talks about Cyberpunk 2077 again