Another failure the magnitude of FFXIV could sink us admits Square EnixFF
No-one in the industry is under the impression that the launch of Final Fantasy XIV was a catastrophic failure for Square Enix.
The producer/director of the reworked version of Squenix's biggest MMO, Naoki Yoshida, yet has admitted as much in a recent interview.
Yoshida-san stated with purpose, "We won't make another mistake like Final Fantasy XIV again. If we did, it would be like at the level of destroying the company. When I heard that it was it was going to go on sale as planned I thought, 'that will probably be a big mistake."
He continued, "I think it would have been good if they tried seeing what happened if they turned World of Warcraft into Final Fantasy. Because they tried only to make something that was 'different from Final Fantasy XI', they ended up with not much of anything. They should have said, 'Hey you, go play WoW for a year.' Unless you are a genius, you cannot make something new from nothing."
- Dark Souls 2 could see a fourth pack of DLC released
- Far Cry 4 is all about player choice, has five endings
- Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare PC system specifications announced
- Evolution adds more multiplayer events to Driveclub as they continue to work on the game's server issues
- Rockstar announces a San Andreas 10th Anniversary event this weekend for GTA Online
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round gets a release date
- Unfinished Swan to hit the PS4 and PS Vita next week
- Gamersgate.com CEO emphasizes that they have nothing to do with #Gamergate
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update