Gearbox: Borderlands 2 was not suitable for the Wii U
There was no compelling reason to bring Borderlands 2 to the Wii U according to Gearbox boss, Randy Pitchford.
Pitchford explained that they considered bringing Borderlands 2 to the Wii U but there was no stand-out feature of the game that would have been a slam-dunk fit on the Wii U in the same way as Alien: Colonial Marines' motion sensor.
He said, "We get asked if there is going to be a Wii U version of Borderlands , and the reason why there's not is because we couldn't think of a natural, obvious, 'OMG, I want that for what the Wii U brings to the table' feature."
Aliens: Colonial Marines is due out in February on the PS3, PC and Xbox 360 with the Wii U version due before the end of March.
Thanks GamesMaster via NintendoEverything.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year