Gearbox: Borderlands 2 was not suitable for the Wii U
There was no compelling reason to bring Borderlands 2 to the Wii U according to Gearbox boss, Randy Pitchford.
Pitchford explained that they considered bringing Borderlands 2 to the Wii U but there was no stand-out feature of the game that would have been a slam-dunk fit on the Wii U in the same way as Alien: Colonial Marines' motion sensor.
He said, "We get asked if there is going to be a Wii U version of Borderlands , and the reason why there's not is because we couldn't think of a natural, obvious, 'OMG, I want that for what the Wii U brings to the table' feature."
Aliens: Colonial Marines is due out in February on the PS3, PC and Xbox 360 with the Wii U version due before the end of March.
Thanks GamesMaster via NintendoEverything.
- First Nosgoth eSports tournament to begin next month
- Stealth Inc 2 trailer peeks it head out of the shadows
- The Crew beta launches on PS4 and Xbox One next week
- PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of Dying Light cancelled, Techland describes their development as painful
- Sony investigating issues resulting from the release of PS4 firmware 2.0
- New trailer makes Final Fantasy Type-0 HD look like the darkest Final Fantasy game yet
- Screenshot on the PlayStation Blog points to an Uncharted re-release on PS4
- EA gives a release window for Star Wars: Battlefront
- Activision announces details and a release date for Destiny's first DLC The Dark Below