Gearbox: Borderlands 2 was not suitable for the Wii U
There was no compelling reason to bring Borderlands 2 to the Wii U according to Gearbox boss, Randy Pitchford.
Pitchford explained that they considered bringing Borderlands 2 to the Wii U but there was no stand-out feature of the game that would have been a slam-dunk fit on the Wii U in the same way as Alien: Colonial Marines' motion sensor.
He said, "We get asked if there is going to be a Wii U version of Borderlands , and the reason why there's not is because we couldn't think of a natural, obvious, 'OMG, I want that for what the Wii U brings to the table' feature."
Aliens: Colonial Marines is due out in February on the PS3, PC and Xbox 360 with the Wii U version due before the end of March.
Thanks GamesMaster via NintendoEverything.
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 may be coming to the PS Vita
- Destiny gets its first raid today, the Vault Of Glass
- Assassin's Creed: Unity co-op trailer arrives
- Lukewarm Destiny reviews could cost Bungie 2.5 million USD
- Borderlands multiplayer comes back to life on Steam
- Saints Row creative director Steve Jaros announces he's off to join Valve
- We want to rebuild a player-first culture says EA CEO Andrew Wilson
- WWE 2K15 gets delayed on next-gen
- Playground to add eight new cars to Forza Horizon 2 on launch day, VIP and Car pass details announced