Gearbox: Borderlands 2 was not suitable for the Wii U
There was no compelling reason to bring Borderlands 2 to the Wii U according to Gearbox boss, Randy Pitchford.
Pitchford explained that they considered bringing Borderlands 2 to the Wii U but there was no stand-out feature of the game that would have been a slam-dunk fit on the Wii U in the same way as Alien: Colonial Marines' motion sensor.
He said, "We get asked if there is going to be a Wii U version of Borderlands , and the reason why there's not is because we couldn't think of a natural, obvious, 'OMG, I want that for what the Wii U brings to the table' feature."
Aliens: Colonial Marines is due out in February on the PS3, PC and Xbox 360 with the Wii U version due before the end of March.
Thanks GamesMaster via NintendoEverything.
- Riot Games in talks with European ISPs over building a dedicated League Of Legends network
- New 2-on-2 mode lands in Destiny's Crucible
- Second Life Is Strange developer diaries arrives, Reddit AMA planned for next week
- Destiny's Crota's End Raid beaten in 27 minutes on Hard Mode
- Techland to show off Dying Light's asymmetric multiplayer Be A Zombie mode tomorrow
- You won't need a new graphics card in order to use DirectX 12
- Dying Light physical launch outside North America coming end of February with free DLC for all
- Telltale's Game Of Thrones Episode 2 coming at the beginning of next month
- Sony unveils special edition Bloodborne PS4s for Japan