Gearbox: Borderlands 2 was not suitable for the Wii U
There was no compelling reason to bring Borderlands 2 to the Wii U according to Gearbox boss, Randy Pitchford.
Pitchford explained that they considered bringing Borderlands 2 to the Wii U but there was no stand-out feature of the game that would have been a slam-dunk fit on the Wii U in the same way as Alien: Colonial Marines' motion sensor.
He said, "We get asked if there is going to be a Wii U version of Borderlands , and the reason why there's not is because we couldn't think of a natural, obvious, 'OMG, I want that for what the Wii U brings to the table' feature."
Aliens: Colonial Marines is due out in February on the PS3, PC and Xbox 360 with the Wii U version due before the end of March.
Thanks GamesMaster via NintendoEverything.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3