Planetside 2 goes live
Planetside is back on the PC. Today sees the full launch of Planetside 2 and it's gone free-to-play.
Planetside 2 builds on all the success of the first game and promises an impressive experience courtesy of the new ForgeLight engine. The new technology drops PC shooter fans into some massive online battlefields as one of six different classes in on of three factions.
Sony Online Entertainment boss John Smedley said, "PlanetSide 2 sets the new standard for shooters. With thousands of players fighting simultaneously across several beautiful, massive continents, the size and intensity of PlanetSide 2 has no equal. You've never played anything like it."
"We set out to create a massive, unprecedented game, and we succeeded. PlanetSide 2 will break records for its size and combat," added the game's creative director,Matt Higby. "Now, it's the players' turn to make history. The war stories of brutal combat, acts of valor, casualties and victories from beta testing have been epic. But, the slate is clean, and the game has launched. It's time to create legends."
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer