Wii U and PC versions of Grand Theft Auto V not off the table
While it appears that Rockstar have only committed themselves to releasing Grand Theft Auto V on the PS3 and Xbox 360 at the moment they haven't ruled out releasing on other formats.
Rockstar's Dan Houser stated that they are still considering doing versions of the Wii U and the PC at the very least.
Houser said, "Everything else is up for consideration. That's all I can give you. The main thing is we are notwe are a third-party publisher. We're not Nintendo, we're not Sony, we're not Microsoft. We love all of them in different ways. But we can do what we want wherever there's the appropriate business opportunity and chance to find a market. If thats on Apple we put something on Apple. Wherever it might be. I think that's the fun in what we do. We see ourselves as a content company that uses technology. We don't make it; we use it to make the most fun stuff."
A PC version is almost definitely assured given that the series was born on that format and every GTA game has seen a release on PC albeit a bit later on from the console release for later games.
- Ninja Theory: We'll cross the 1080p/60fps bridge for Hellblade when we come to it
- Standalone DayZ not expected to leave Steam Early Access until 2016
- Telltale gives their Game Of Thrones series final release dates
- Large patch arrives to tackle the matchmaking issues with Halo: The Master Chief Collection
- BioWare looking into a bug stopping banter between party members in Dragon Age: Inquisition
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch introduces a new visual bug
- Metal Gear Online will return, reveal coming at The Game Awards 2014
- Ever wanted to know which next-gen console would survive a 15-foot drop?
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch is a bit on the large side