Star Citizen sets new records for crowd-funding
Chris Roberts' return to game development, Star Citizen has been so warmly welcomed by the PC gaming community that it has set new records for a crowd-funded game.
Between the game's own crowd-funding campaign and Kickstarter Star Citizen has raised a total of 6.23 million USD smashing the record recently set by Obsidian's Project Eternity on Kickstarter set at 4.16 million USD.
Star Citizen's website RobertsSpaceIndustries.com has raised just over 4.1 million USD on its own with the Kickstarter campaign adding a further 2.13 million USD.
Roberts said, "I am absolutely elated by the incredible outpouring of support for this project. It's clear that space sim fans have just been waiting for a game like ours to come along and rekindle some of the excitement that's been missing from PC games and the space sim genre. With the resources that our fans have provided, it means the team will be able to provide more features in Star Citizen and deliver an even better game."
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey