Star Citizen sets new records for crowd-funding
Chris Roberts' return to game development, Star Citizen has been so warmly welcomed by the PC gaming community that it has set new records for a crowd-funded game.
Between the game's own crowd-funding campaign and Kickstarter Star Citizen has raised a total of 6.23 million USD smashing the record recently set by Obsidian's Project Eternity on Kickstarter set at 4.16 million USD.
Star Citizen's website RobertsSpaceIndustries.com has raised just over 4.1 million USD on its own with the Kickstarter campaign adding a further 2.13 million USD.
Roberts said, "I am absolutely elated by the incredible outpouring of support for this project. It's clear that space sim fans have just been waiting for a game like ours to come along and rekindle some of the excitement that's been missing from PC games and the space sim genre. With the resources that our fans have provided, it means the team will be able to provide more features in Star Citizen and deliver an even better game."
- Stealth Inc 2 is coming to PC, PlayStation and Xbox
- Frozenbyte announces Trine 3: Artifacts Of Power
- Epic has dropped the subscription fee for the Unreal Engine 4
- Rumour: DirectX 12 could allow mixing and matching of AMD and Nvidia GPUs
- No more online modes for Ridge Racer Unbounded in Europe
- Mortal Kombat X coming to mobiles as a free-to-play card battler
- EA announces details of Battlefield: Hardline Premium
- Payday 2: Crimewave Edition to hit PS4 and Xbox One in the summer
- Valve and HTC partner up for the new SteamVR device the Vive