Star Citizen sets new records for crowd-funding
Chris Roberts' return to game development, Star Citizen has been so warmly welcomed by the PC gaming community that it has set new records for a crowd-funded game.
Between the game's own crowd-funding campaign and Kickstarter Star Citizen has raised a total of 6.23 million USD smashing the record recently set by Obsidian's Project Eternity on Kickstarter set at 4.16 million USD.
Star Citizen's website RobertsSpaceIndustries.com has raised just over 4.1 million USD on its own with the Kickstarter campaign adding a further 2.13 million USD.
Roberts said, "I am absolutely elated by the incredible outpouring of support for this project. It's clear that space sim fans have just been waiting for a game like ours to come along and rekindle some of the excitement that's been missing from PC games and the space sim genre. With the resources that our fans have provided, it means the team will be able to provide more features in Star Citizen and deliver an even better game."
- Dark Souls 2 could see a fourth pack of DLC released
- Far Cry 4 is all about player choice, has five endings
- Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare PC system specifications announced
- Evolution adds more multiplayer events to Driveclub as they continue to work on the game's server issues
- Rockstar announces a San Andreas 10th Anniversary event this weekend for GTA Online
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round gets a release date
- Unfinished Swan to hit the PS4 and PS Vita next week
- Gamersgate.com CEO emphasizes that they have nothing to do with #Gamergate
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update