Nintendo Network accounts locked to one Wii U for now
Anyone setting up a Nintendo Network ID on their brand new Wii U will have their account locked to the Wii U they set the account up on, for now at least.
This means that, if players want to log in to their Nintendo Network account on a friend's console or if they need to replace their own console for some reason then they will not be able to access their original Nintendo Network account.
In addition to this, each machine is limited to having 12 different accounts activated from that system. This is fine for brand new machines but it limits how many accounts can be activated from the machine if it is sold second hand.
The Wii U support literature offers some hope for the future saying, "In the future, you will be able to use your Nintendo Network Account with future Nintendo consoles and other devices, such as PCs."
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title