Nintendo Network accounts locked to one Wii U for now
Anyone setting up a Nintendo Network ID on their brand new Wii U will have their account locked to the Wii U they set the account up on, for now at least.
This means that, if players want to log in to their Nintendo Network account on a friend's console or if they need to replace their own console for some reason then they will not be able to access their original Nintendo Network account.
In addition to this, each machine is limited to having 12 different accounts activated from that system. This is fine for brand new machines but it limits how many accounts can be activated from the machine if it is sold second hand.
The Wii U support literature offers some hope for the future saying, "In the future, you will be able to use your Nintendo Network Account with future Nintendo consoles and other devices, such as PCs."
- October PS Plus Instant Game Collection line-up announced with Driveclub as a bonus
- Betas planned for every platform should ensure Battlefield: Hardline will work at launch
- Latest patch for Battlefield 4 fixes just about everything and unblocks your kitchen sink
- Warface gets updated with new maps and a few gameplay tweaks
- Platinum Games' Hideki Kamiya gives one final response to those begging for Bayonetta 2 to be released on PS4 and Xbox One
- Shadow Of Mordor devs not worried by the Assassin's Creed comparisons
- LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham heading to New York ComicCon 2014
- Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty gets brand new 'Old School' controls
- Bungie concedes that Destiny's storyline was recut less than a year from release