Bungie says, "We were instrumental in the rise of Xbox Live"
Bungie studio head, Harold Ryan has been talking about the Halo creator's contributions to the growth and success of Xbox Live.
Ryan explained that Xbox Live would not be the service it is today without all the work that Bungie put in to shaping Xbox Live's services early on in its lifespan.
He began, "I think Xbox Live wouldn't have made it. I don't think the Xbox would be where it is today without Bungie and without Halo."
"As a group," he continued, "we provided both technical and creative guidance and thought leadership that really pushed the limits. We werent just a game developer using the service. We were integrated in the design of the service and how it worked. Systems for groups and matchmaking and skill ranking were all things that were pushed the furthest and the hardest by us."
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter
- Shadow Of Mordor trailer introduces the unique orc character, Ratbag
- Saints Row IV coming to next-gen consoles
- Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell is a new standalone expansion
- First details of Telltale's Game Of Thrones series arrive
- SEGA unveils the new definitive Total War: Rome II – Emperor Edition
- Prison Architect alpha build 24 arrives
- Bayonetta 2 gets a final release date
- Deep Down now delayed until 2015