Bungie says, "We were instrumental in the rise of Xbox Live"
Bungie studio head, Harold Ryan has been talking about the Halo creator's contributions to the growth and success of Xbox Live.
Ryan explained that Xbox Live would not be the service it is today without all the work that Bungie put in to shaping Xbox Live's services early on in its lifespan.
He began, "I think Xbox Live wouldn't have made it. I don't think the Xbox would be where it is today without Bungie and without Halo."
"As a group," he continued, "we provided both technical and creative guidance and thought leadership that really pushed the limits. We werent just a game developer using the service. We were integrated in the design of the service and how it worked. Systems for groups and matchmaking and skill ranking were all things that were pushed the furthest and the hardest by us."
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May
- Ubisoft to publish Homeworld Remastered Collection at retail next month
- Journey, Flower and FlOw heading to the PS4 in a retail package
- Phil Harrison's departure from Microsoft has been confirmed
- Here's the first look at Star Wars: Battlefront
- Project CARS will feature 110 courses across over 30 iconic locations
- Gratuitous Space Battles 2 arrives today
- First Star Wars: Battlefront details arrive including a release date
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's release date is now set in stone