Bungie says, "We were instrumental in the rise of Xbox Live"
Bungie studio head, Harold Ryan has been talking about the Halo creator's contributions to the growth and success of Xbox Live.
Ryan explained that Xbox Live would not be the service it is today without all the work that Bungie put in to shaping Xbox Live's services early on in its lifespan.
He began, "I think Xbox Live wouldn't have made it. I don't think the Xbox would be where it is today without Bungie and without Halo."
"As a group," he continued, "we provided both technical and creative guidance and thought leadership that really pushed the limits. We werent just a game developer using the service. We were integrated in the design of the service and how it worked. Systems for groups and matchmaking and skill ranking were all things that were pushed the furthest and the hardest by us."
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year