Xbox Live celebrates its 10th birthday
Microsoft is celebrating the 10th anniversary of the launch of Xbox Live with a half price sale on some classic XBLA titles.
The sale includes some definitive XBLA titles like the awesome Castle Crashers, SuperGiant Games gorgeous RPG Bastion and the quintessential twin-stick shooter Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved, all at half price.
It has been ten years since Microsoft launched their online gaming platform on the original Xbox and it has come a very long way since the service first launched.
Massive hits like the Halo series and numerous Call Of Duty titles have helped to grow Xbox Live from a quiet launch into the dominant online console gaming platform in the world. Along the way, on the Xbox 360 Microsoft has added extra value to the service with a plethora of TV and music giving Xbox users access to a formidable array of services alongside the multiplayer gaming.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer