Xbox Live celebrates its 10th birthday
Microsoft is celebrating the 10th anniversary of the launch of Xbox Live with a half price sale on some classic XBLA titles.
The sale includes some definitive XBLA titles like the awesome Castle Crashers, SuperGiant Games gorgeous RPG Bastion and the quintessential twin-stick shooter Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved, all at half price.
It has been ten years since Microsoft launched their online gaming platform on the original Xbox and it has come a very long way since the service first launched.
Massive hits like the Halo series and numerous Call Of Duty titles have helped to grow Xbox Live from a quiet launch into the dominant online console gaming platform in the world. Along the way, on the Xbox 360 Microsoft has added extra value to the service with a plethora of TV and music giving Xbox users access to a formidable array of services alongside the multiplayer gaming.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year