Xbox Live celebrates its 10th birthday
Microsoft is celebrating the 10th anniversary of the launch of Xbox Live with a half price sale on some classic XBLA titles.
The sale includes some definitive XBLA titles like the awesome Castle Crashers, SuperGiant Games gorgeous RPG Bastion and the quintessential twin-stick shooter Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved, all at half price.
It has been ten years since Microsoft launched their online gaming platform on the original Xbox and it has come a very long way since the service first launched.
Massive hits like the Halo series and numerous Call Of Duty titles have helped to grow Xbox Live from a quiet launch into the dominant online console gaming platform in the world. Along the way, on the Xbox 360 Microsoft has added extra value to the service with a plethora of TV and music giving Xbox users access to a formidable array of services alongside the multiplayer gaming.
- Hearthstone win-traders will be permanently banned says Blizzard
- Evolve Big Alpha delayed on PS4 due to issues with system update 2.0
- Your PC will need this much power under the hood to play The Crew
- LittleBigPlanet 3 will be fully backwards-compatible
- PS4 sales soar past the 13.5 million mark
- Resogun is coming to the PS Vita
- Smaller, cooler Xbox One processor in the works
- Prey 2 finally gets officially canned
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date