Call Of Duty does it again, Black Ops II is the biggest launch of the year
Black Ops II has become the biggest media launch of the year with it having sold through around 500 million USD within its first 24 hours of launch.
Both Activision's internal projections and those of the UK's charts agency GFK ChartTrack the latest Call Of Duty game has yet again beat all expectations exceeding the success of last year's release, Modern Warfare 3.
With ChartTrack and Activision both estimating the game to have made half a billion dollars in the first 24 hours the Call Of Duty series has now passed both Star Wars and Harry Potter series in terms of lifetime sales.
Remaining cautiously optimistic, Bobby Kotick, CEO and president of Activision Blizzard said, "With first day sales of over half a billion dollars worldwide, we believe Call of Duty is the biggest entertainment launch of the year for the fourth year in a row. Life-to-date sales for the Call of Duty franchise have exceeded worldwide theatrical box office receipts for Harry Potter and Star Wars, the two most successful movie franchises of all time. Given the challenged macro-economic environment, we remain cautious about the balance of 2012 and 2013."
- Techland announces a Dying Light modding contest alongside new updates for the toolset
- 2K announces the Evolve Proving Grounds tournament in conjunction with ESL
- Broken Age: Part 2 arrives for backers 24 hours ahead of the full launch
- Halo Championship Series Cup 1 cancelled due to continued online problems
- Dirt Rally announced as a PC exclusive, hits Steam Early Access
- PC benchmarking app arrives for Final Fantasy XIV players to make sure they can run Heavensward
- [UPDATE] Hideo Kojima and Guillermo Del Toro collaboration Silent Hills looks like it has been canned
- Gears Of War Xbox One remaster looks like it's coming
- Batman: Arkham Knight will have GTA V-style character switching