Call Of Duty does it again, Black Ops II is the biggest launch of the year
Black Ops II has become the biggest media launch of the year with it having sold through around 500 million USD within its first 24 hours of launch.
Both Activision's internal projections and those of the UK's charts agency GFK ChartTrack the latest Call Of Duty game has yet again beat all expectations exceeding the success of last year's release, Modern Warfare 3.
With ChartTrack and Activision both estimating the game to have made half a billion dollars in the first 24 hours the Call Of Duty series has now passed both Star Wars and Harry Potter series in terms of lifetime sales.
Remaining cautiously optimistic, Bobby Kotick, CEO and president of Activision Blizzard said, "With first day sales of over half a billion dollars worldwide, we believe Call of Duty is the biggest entertainment launch of the year for the fourth year in a row. Life-to-date sales for the Call of Duty franchise have exceeded worldwide theatrical box office receipts for Harry Potter and Star Wars, the two most successful movie franchises of all time. Given the challenged macro-economic environment, we remain cautious about the balance of 2012 and 2013."
- Merry Christmas from Play.tm!
- Microsoft offering some excellent Games With Gold in January
- New Battlefield: Hardline Karma trailer arrives
- Mystery Of The Mooil Rig DLC arrives for Sunset Overdrive
- Destiny registered users approaching 13 million
- STALKER devs GSC Gameworld reopens its doors
- Free game reward for Assassin's Creed: Unity users requires them to reliquish their right to sue Ubisoft
- Respawn wishes Titanfall had been released on Steam
- Team Junkfish's procedural survival horror Monstrum to return to Steam Early Access