Call Of Duty does it again, Black Ops II is the biggest launch of the year
Black Ops II has become the biggest media launch of the year with it having sold through around 500 million USD within its first 24 hours of launch.
Both Activision's internal projections and those of the UK's charts agency GFK ChartTrack the latest Call Of Duty game has yet again beat all expectations exceeding the success of last year's release, Modern Warfare 3.
With ChartTrack and Activision both estimating the game to have made half a billion dollars in the first 24 hours the Call Of Duty series has now passed both Star Wars and Harry Potter series in terms of lifetime sales.
Remaining cautiously optimistic, Bobby Kotick, CEO and president of Activision Blizzard said, "With first day sales of over half a billion dollars worldwide, we believe Call of Duty is the biggest entertainment launch of the year for the fourth year in a row. Life-to-date sales for the Call of Duty franchise have exceeded worldwide theatrical box office receipts for Harry Potter and Star Wars, the two most successful movie franchises of all time. Given the challenged macro-economic environment, we remain cautious about the balance of 2012 and 2013."
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date
- Clerks stars Jeff Anderson and Jason Mewes talk about lending their voices to new adventure Randal's Monday
- Ubisoft announces details on the PvP modes for Far Cry 4
- Shadow Of Mordor's Lord Of The Hunt DLC detailed
- November's Games With Gold line-up is smashing... literally
- RedBedlam adds more content to the Steam Early Access version of their novel/game crossover Bedlam
- Shu Yoshida: PS Plus Edition of Driveclub won't arrive until the server issues are fixed
- New PC patch for The Evil Within unlocks 60fps for machines that can handle it
- Konami drops the price for Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes