PS3 sells over 70 million units worldwide
The PlayStation 3 has passed another sales milestone today with Sony's announcement that the console has sold over 70 million units worldwide.
The PS3 is now available in 59 countries around the world and with the new super-slim model they've reduced the size and weight of the original chunky PS3 that launched in 2006.
The Move motion controller has reached a milestone of 15 million units sold through and is now supported by over 400 games.
Over the last 6 years the PS3 has gained the support of third party developers to the tune of 3,590 titles selling over 595 million units between them.
- Driveclub issues persist as players report trouble downloading the latest patch
- New featurette release talking about faithfully recreating the artwork from The Legend Of Korra in the new game
- Sony details PS4 update 2.00, Music player is among the highlights
- Runefest 2014 Runescape's most successful fanfest yet
- Project CARS delayed into 2015 to push it out of the busy Christmas release schedule
- Halo: The Master Chief Collection needs a 20 GB day one update because 343 filled up the 45GB game disc
- SEGA announces the Fox Company pre-order bonus for Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault
- Tim Schafer has finally finished writing Broken Age Act 2
- Pachter reckons GTA V won't sell all that well on next-gen consoles, Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare should do well though