PS3 sells over 70 million units worldwide
The PlayStation 3 has passed another sales milestone today with Sony's announcement that the console has sold over 70 million units worldwide.
The PS3 is now available in 59 countries around the world and with the new super-slim model they've reduced the size and weight of the original chunky PS3 that launched in 2006.
The Move motion controller has reached a milestone of 15 million units sold through and is now supported by over 400 games.
Over the last 6 years the PS3 has gained the support of third party developers to the tune of 3,590 titles selling over 595 million units between them.
- Playable Silent Hill teaser P.T. downloaded 1 million times
- Blooborne gets a Japanese release date
- Rockstar says no delay to next-gen GTA V, November release date rumoured
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter
- Shadow Of Mordor trailer introduces the unique orc character, Ratbag
- Saints Row IV coming to next-gen consoles
- Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell is a new standalone expansion
- First details of Telltale's Game Of Thrones series arrive
- SEGA unveils the new definitive Total War: Rome II – Emperor Edition