PS3 sells over 70 million units worldwide
The PlayStation 3 has passed another sales milestone today with Sony's announcement that the console has sold over 70 million units worldwide.
The PS3 is now available in 59 countries around the world and with the new super-slim model they've reduced the size and weight of the original chunky PS3 that launched in 2006.
The Move motion controller has reached a milestone of 15 million units sold through and is now supported by over 400 games.
Over the last 6 years the PS3 has gained the support of third party developers to the tune of 3,590 titles selling over 595 million units between them.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3