Star Wars: The Old Republic goes free-to-play today
Today sees a new phase of life for BioWares epic Star Wars MMO, The Old Republic as it goes free-to-play.
Anyone curious about SWTOR but not necessarily curious to the subscription for it will be able to play the game right up until level 50 experiencing all the games rich story modes along the way.
BioWare Austin has also prepared some new content to mark the occasion, finally unleashing the deadly HK-51 assassin droid on the Star Wars galaxy for anyone brave enough to venture into the frozen depths of the prison planet Belsavis.
It also adds the new Section X area of Belsavis which hides an ancient weapon that the Dread Masters will pay handsomely for and the new Operation: Explosive Conflict on Denova which allows players to finally find the final pieces of the Dread Guard gear set.
GM of BioWare Austin, Matthew Bromberg said, "We want to give our players the freedom to enjoy Star Wars: The Old Republic when and how they want. There has never been a better time to start playing with us."
- Possible dates for the Steam Summer Sale appear online
- Rise Of The Tomb Raider on Xbox 360 doesn't appear in Square Enix's financials for this year
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week with new gear and rewards
- Titanfall developers Respawn won't be at E3 this year
- Destiny: Xur's location and stock for May 28th
- Destiny's Trials Of Osiris declared a success, Bungie bans cheaters
- FIFA 16 will throw women's teams into the mix
- New The Elder Scrolls Online trailer shows off the expansive world of Tamriel
- Batman: Arkham Knight gets a new 7-minute gameplay trailer