Star Wars: The Old Republic goes free-to-play today
Today sees a new phase of life for BioWares epic Star Wars MMO, The Old Republic as it goes free-to-play.
Anyone curious about SWTOR but not necessarily curious to the subscription for it will be able to play the game right up until level 50 experiencing all the games rich story modes along the way.
BioWare Austin has also prepared some new content to mark the occasion, finally unleashing the deadly HK-51 assassin droid on the Star Wars galaxy for anyone brave enough to venture into the frozen depths of the prison planet Belsavis.
It also adds the new Section X area of Belsavis which hides an ancient weapon that the Dread Masters will pay handsomely for and the new Operation: Explosive Conflict on Denova which allows players to finally find the final pieces of the Dread Guard gear set.
GM of BioWare Austin, Matthew Bromberg said, "We want to give our players the freedom to enjoy Star Wars: The Old Republic when and how they want. There has never been a better time to start playing with us."
- PlayStation Home to close next year
- New The Evil Within video offers up a survival lesson
- Shadow Of Mordor Season Pass trailer arrives teasing the game's DLC
- Excited about No Man's Sky? Now you can help make it
- Creative Assembly has something cool to reveal after Alien: Isolation is out the door
- Defiance gets renewed by SyFy for a third season
- Deadly Premonition creator's new game D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die not doing so well
- Ion Storm had begun planning Deus Ex 3 when they closed back in 2006
- Bungie closes Destiny's Loot Cave exploit