Star Wars: The Old Republic goes free-to-play today
Today sees a new phase of life for BioWares epic Star Wars MMO, The Old Republic as it goes free-to-play.
Anyone curious about SWTOR but not necessarily curious to the subscription for it will be able to play the game right up until level 50 experiencing all the games rich story modes along the way.
BioWare Austin has also prepared some new content to mark the occasion, finally unleashing the deadly HK-51 assassin droid on the Star Wars galaxy for anyone brave enough to venture into the frozen depths of the prison planet Belsavis.
It also adds the new Section X area of Belsavis which hides an ancient weapon that the Dread Masters will pay handsomely for and the new Operation: Explosive Conflict on Denova which allows players to finally find the final pieces of the Dread Guard gear set.
GM of BioWare Austin, Matthew Bromberg said, "We want to give our players the freedom to enjoy Star Wars: The Old Republic when and how they want. There has never been a better time to start playing with us."
- Classic PC survival horror series returns with Alone In The Dark: Illumination
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 confirmed with a concept trailer
- Xbox One owners, Destiny wants to eat your hard drive
- Saints Row IV modding tools released for PC
- Volition's Steve Jaros: Sarkeesian was right to call out Saints Row
- Playable Silent Hill teaser P.T. downloaded 1 million times
- Blooborne gets a Japanese release date
- Rockstar says no delay to next-gen GTA V, November release date rumoured
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter