Star Wars: The Old Republic goes free-to-play today
Today sees a new phase of life for BioWares epic Star Wars MMO, The Old Republic as it goes free-to-play.
Anyone curious about SWTOR but not necessarily curious to the subscription for it will be able to play the game right up until level 50 experiencing all the games rich story modes along the way.
BioWare Austin has also prepared some new content to mark the occasion, finally unleashing the deadly HK-51 assassin droid on the Star Wars galaxy for anyone brave enough to venture into the frozen depths of the prison planet Belsavis.
It also adds the new Section X area of Belsavis which hides an ancient weapon that the Dread Masters will pay handsomely for and the new Operation: Explosive Conflict on Denova which allows players to finally find the final pieces of the Dread Guard gear set.
GM of BioWare Austin, Matthew Bromberg said, "We want to give our players the freedom to enjoy Star Wars: The Old Republic when and how they want. There has never been a better time to start playing with us."
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto