Star Wars: The Old Republic goes free-to-play today
Today sees a new phase of life for BioWares epic Star Wars MMO, The Old Republic as it goes free-to-play.
Anyone curious about SWTOR but not necessarily curious to the subscription for it will be able to play the game right up until level 50 experiencing all the games rich story modes along the way.
BioWare Austin has also prepared some new content to mark the occasion, finally unleashing the deadly HK-51 assassin droid on the Star Wars galaxy for anyone brave enough to venture into the frozen depths of the prison planet Belsavis.
It also adds the new Section X area of Belsavis which hides an ancient weapon that the Dread Masters will pay handsomely for and the new Operation: Explosive Conflict on Denova which allows players to finally find the final pieces of the Dread Guard gear set.
GM of BioWare Austin, Matthew Bromberg said, "We want to give our players the freedom to enjoy Star Wars: The Old Republic when and how they want. There has never been a better time to start playing with us."
- Next week's Destiny events detailed
- Swery65's D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die is out now on Xbox One
- Silent Hills could be an episodic title
- Thomas Was Alone is making the jump to the PS4
- Destiny helps give the PS4 a 300 percent sales kick
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III