Crytek: Enough signatures on a petition will make us consider making more TimeSplitters
Crytek has confessed that there is a possibility that TimeSplitters fans will be able to convince them to make a new game.
Crytek inherited the TimeSplitters IP when they bought over the series original developer Free Radical in 2009 and boss Cervat Yerli has revealed that a large enough petition could convince him to make more TimeSplitters.
He said, "There is actually a petition running online trying to bring the [TimeSplitters] fan base together. But unfortunately the petition doesn't look that convincing. If the petition picks up it will be an even better argument for us."
"At a personal level," Yerli continued, "I'm a big fan of TimeSplitters 2. For me, I would love to see the game out there, as a newborn HD version or what not. I definitely would love to see it. But the case of turning this into a business decision is still difficult, despite the fact that there was a Twitter request feed to test the waters."
He added, giving hope to TimeSplitters fans, "There's a very hardcore market that is very verbal about it. I would love to see this, and if the fan base approves a further petition. They're trying to call 300,000 voices, I think it's at two or three thousand right now. If they could get the petition together I would be very happy to put in front of decision makers in the company, the key stakeholders, and say 'Look here. This is how it is, let's make it now'."
Are you a TimeSplitters fan? If you are, then sign the petition. Go on. You know you want to.
- Warface gets updated with new maps and a few gameplay tweaks
- Platinum Games' Hideki Kamiya gives one final response to those begging for Bayonetta 2 to be released on PS4 and Xbox One
- Shadow Of Mordor devs not worried by the Assassin's Creed comparisons
- LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham heading to New York ComicCon 2014
- Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty gets brand new 'Old School' controls
- Bungie concedes that Destiny's storyline was recut less than a year from release
- Final piece of Dark Souls II Season Pass DLC arrives on PC and Xbox 360
- CD Projekt RED releases some concept art for Triss and Emhyr from The Witcher 3
- 2K announces the new MyCareer mode for WWE 2K15