Rainbow 6: Patriots could slip to the next generation says Ubisoft
Ubisoft has conceded that the ambitious next instalment in the Rainbow 6 series Rainbow 6: Patriots may not appear on the current generation.
CEO of the French publisher/developer, Yves Guillemot stated that the game was definitely still in development despite the games development team shedding some key staff early this year.
He said, "The only thing I can say is that we have a good team working on it, and it's really looking good. So when it will come, it will surprise the industry," adding that there would be a good chance that it could be a next-gen title.
Guillemot is still hopeful that the previously revealed heavy focus on tough moral decisions will feature strongly in the game when it arrives.
He added, "It's for sure something we spoke a lot about. You have to make decisions and that implies lots of ethical choices. In the decisions you make, we have to define where you can go, and there were lots of discussions on what's possible, what should be possible, what shouldn't be possible. But that's what is interesting with the concept - being able to give a choice to the person who is playing."
Officially Rainbow 6: Patriots is still scheduled for a 2013 release on PC, PS3 and Xbox 360.
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light