Blizzard dates StarCraft II: Heart Of The Swarm
Blizzard has finally announced a release date for the next instalment of the StarCraft II saga.
After following the exploits of Jim Raynor and the Terrans, facing off against the relentless onslaught of the Zerg and the ancient warriors of the Protoss, Heart Of The Swarm switches over to tell the story of the Zerg and their formerly human leader Sarah Kerrigan, Queen Of the Blades.
As well as providing a full length single player campaign for the Zerg, Heart Of The Swarm also adds new features and multiplayer units to enhance the incredibly popular online multiplayer modes of StarCraft II.
StarCraft II: Heart Of The Swarm will be available for PCs running at least Windows XP and Mac from March the 12th.
Blizzard's Mike Morhaime said, "With Heart of the Swarm, our goal has been to expand on the multiplayer action and cinematic storytelling of Wings of Liberty. Combined with features like unranked matchmaking and our new levelling system, this expansion elevates the StarCraft II experience for players of all skill levels."
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title
- Battlefield: Hardline beta coming to all platforms next week
- Transistor and Yakuza 4 among February's PS Plus Instant Game Collection pickings
- Third and final Life Is Strange development diary arrives ahead of tomorrow's launch of episode one
- Nintendo shows profits despite the Wii U continuing to underperform
- Goetia demo is now live
- There's a whole load of LEGO games coming this year including LEGO Jurassic World
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 devs confident that Resident Evil 7 will be mind-blowing
- Steam content creators raise more than 50 million USD making hats for Team Fortress 2 and the like