Blizzard dates StarCraft II: Heart Of The Swarm
Blizzard has finally announced a release date for the next instalment of the StarCraft II saga.
After following the exploits of Jim Raynor and the Terrans, facing off against the relentless onslaught of the Zerg and the ancient warriors of the Protoss, Heart Of The Swarm switches over to tell the story of the Zerg and their formerly human leader Sarah Kerrigan, Queen Of the Blades.
As well as providing a full length single player campaign for the Zerg, Heart Of The Swarm also adds new features and multiplayer units to enhance the incredibly popular online multiplayer modes of StarCraft II.
StarCraft II: Heart Of The Swarm will be available for PCs running at least Windows XP and Mac from March the 12th.
Blizzard's Mike Morhaime said, "With Heart of the Swarm, our goal has been to expand on the multiplayer action and cinematic storytelling of Wings of Liberty. Combined with features like unranked matchmaking and our new levelling system, this expansion elevates the StarCraft II experience for players of all skill levels."
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May
- Ubisoft to publish Homeworld Remastered Collection at retail next month
- Journey, Flower and FlOw heading to the PS4 in a retail package
- Phil Harrison's departure from Microsoft has been confirmed
- Here's the first look at Star Wars: Battlefront
- Project CARS will feature 110 courses across over 30 iconic locations
- Gratuitous Space Battles 2 arrives today
- First Star Wars: Battlefront details arrive including a release date
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's release date is now set in stone