Blizzard dates StarCraft II: Heart Of The Swarm
Blizzard has finally announced a release date for the next instalment of the StarCraft II saga.
After following the exploits of Jim Raynor and the Terrans, facing off against the relentless onslaught of the Zerg and the ancient warriors of the Protoss, Heart Of The Swarm switches over to tell the story of the Zerg and their formerly human leader Sarah Kerrigan, Queen Of the Blades.
As well as providing a full length single player campaign for the Zerg, Heart Of The Swarm also adds new features and multiplayer units to enhance the incredibly popular online multiplayer modes of StarCraft II.
StarCraft II: Heart Of The Swarm will be available for PCs running at least Windows XP and Mac from March the 12th.
Blizzard's Mike Morhaime said, "With Heart of the Swarm, our goal has been to expand on the multiplayer action and cinematic storytelling of Wings of Liberty. Combined with features like unranked matchmaking and our new levelling system, this expansion elevates the StarCraft II experience for players of all skill levels."
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer