Star Wars: The Old Republic to transition to free-to-play next week
EA has announced that next week will see their big budget MMO, Star Wars: the Old Republic reinvent itself as a free-to-play game.
All of SWTORs story content will be available to play for free with subscribers receiving additional benefits such as fuller character creation options, two additional crew skills and the ability to revive in the field at no additional cost (a full list of the benefits of subscribing is available on the SWTOR website).
Current subscribers wqill receive the additional benefit of receiving bonus Cartel Coins as listed on the Cartel Coin Ledger ,a href="https://account.swtor.com/user/cartelcoins">page and a one off 250 Cartel Coin bonus.
SWTOR will launch as a freer-to-play title on November the 15th.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year