Braben takes to Kickstarter to fund Elite: Dangerous
Frontier boss David Braben has decided to take to Kickstarter to help fund his revival of the Elite series.
Elite: Dangerous is the name of the new title and Braben, who co-created the original game, is hoping to create something truly special to match the original which has reached legendary status.
Braben explained, "This is the game I have wanted Frontier to make for a very long time. The next game in the Elite series - an amazing space epic with stunning visuals, incredible gameplay and breath-taking scope, and also fully multi-player. "
"Frontier has been working on this project, in the background, for several years now, building a foundation of technology and tools," he continued. "Imagine what is now possible, squeezing the last drop of performance from modern computers in the way the previous games did in their days? It is not only a question of raw performance, though of course this will make it a gorgeous and incredibly rich experience, but we are pushing the multi-player networking implementation too."
Hardcore gamers have been clambering for news of an Elite revival and Brabens announcement comes hot on the heels of the return of Wing Commander creator Chris Roberts to game development with his new space flight project, Star Citizen which has also sought funding through Kickstarter.
Excited about the possibility of a new Elite title finally coming? You can get a piece of the action over on the Elite: Dangerous official Kickstarter page.
- Feminist Frequency's Anita Sarkeesian driven out of her home by internet abuse
- Shadow Realms lead writer talks the inspiration behind the game's story
- PlayStation Allstars and Joe Danger headline September's PS Plus Instant Game Collection
- Titanfall will ge more cool free stuff after the last DLC but Respawn won't support it indefinitely
- Gauntlet release date pushed back
- Yakuza Zero announced for PS4 and PS3
- Escape Dead Island gets a release date, comes with guaranteed access to the Dead Island 2 beta
- Diablo III: Reaper Of Souls PC patch 2.1.0 arrives
- Next-gen and PC GTA V versions rumoured to be delayed into 2015