South Park, Metro, Company Of Heroes all delayed, things looking bad for THQ
The future isnt looking so bright for THQ at the moment.
After canning several high profile titles like Guillermo Del Toros Insane and Tomonobu Itagakis Devils Third THQ has now announced that all of their upcoming games have been delayed.
South Park: The Stick Of Truth has been pushed back to April 2013 at the earliest and both Metro: Last Light and Company Of Heroes 2 have also been delayed with no release windows given as yet.
THQ boss Jason Rubin said, "The opportunity for South Park is massive. It is one of the most anticipated titles of calendar 13, and it richly deserves the anticipation. I believe the sheer size of the game, which is comparable to multiple seasons of show, and the incredible dedication and high standards of the creators, will make the title worth the wait."
The delays come as news has emerged that THQ has appointed a consultancy firm Centreview Partners to explore "strategic and financing alternatives" after they posted second quarter losses of 21 million USD. The company has also refused to give investor guidance on advice of Centreview.
All of this points to a rather dire situation at the Saints Row publisher. It could be sale or bust time for THQ which would be a very sad day for the industry as a whole.
- Gauntlet release date pushed back
- Yakuza Zero announced for PS4 and PS3
- Escape Dead Island gets a release date, comes with guaranteed access to the Dead Island 2 beta
- Diablo III: Reaper Of Souls PC patch 2.1.0 arrives
- Next-gen and PC GTA V versions rumoured to be delayed into 2015
- The PS4 is just a bit more powerful says Metro Redux developer, short documentary on the collection arrives
- Saints Row devs, Volition to reveal their new project at PAX Prime
- Watch Us Play.tm: Metro Redux
- Capcom suing Koei Tecmo for a lot of patent infringement