South Park, Metro, Company Of Heroes all delayed, things looking bad for THQ
The future isnt looking so bright for THQ at the moment.
After canning several high profile titles like Guillermo Del Toros Insane and Tomonobu Itagakis Devils Third THQ has now announced that all of their upcoming games have been delayed.
South Park: The Stick Of Truth has been pushed back to April 2013 at the earliest and both Metro: Last Light and Company Of Heroes 2 have also been delayed with no release windows given as yet.
THQ boss Jason Rubin said, "The opportunity for South Park is massive. It is one of the most anticipated titles of calendar 13, and it richly deserves the anticipation. I believe the sheer size of the game, which is comparable to multiple seasons of show, and the incredible dedication and high standards of the creators, will make the title worth the wait."
The delays come as news has emerged that THQ has appointed a consultancy firm Centreview Partners to explore "strategic and financing alternatives" after they posted second quarter losses of 21 million USD. The company has also refused to give investor guidance on advice of Centreview.
All of this points to a rather dire situation at the Saints Row publisher. It could be sale or bust time for THQ which would be a very sad day for the industry as a whole.
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light