Red Thread Games founded to work on a Dreamfall sequel
Funcom's Ragnar Tornquist has been given leave by the MMO studio to start up a side-project producing a long-awaited sequel for Dreamfall: The Longest Journey.
Tornquist has founded his own studio in the shape of Red Thread Games in Oslo to begin work on Dreamfall Chapters licensed by Funcom. Tornquist will also continue to work on The Secret World in an advisory capacity.
Pre-production has been funded by the Norwegian Film Institute to the tune of around 175,000 USD.
Red Thread's plan for the future is to focus on creating original, story-driven games for mobile and PC as well as continuing work on The Longest Journey series.
- Trine series sells 7 million copies, Frozenbyte releases user-creation tools
- Lots of teary-eyed gamers as more Star Wars: Battlefront 3 gameplay footage leaks out
- Jade Raymond leaves Ubisoft Toronto to pursue new opportunities
- Ryse: Son Of Rome scores Best Game Design award at the Animago Awards in Germany
- Activision releases the launch trailer for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare a little early
- Rockstar won't be holding a beta for GTA Online on the PC
- UK to toughen up laws on internet harassment
- Final Fantasy XIV Heavensward expansion announced for release next year, first screenshots released
- Driveclub issues persist as players report trouble downloading the latest patch