Red Thread Games founded to work on a Dreamfall sequel
Funcom's Ragnar Tornquist has been given leave by the MMO studio to start up a side-project producing a long-awaited sequel for Dreamfall: The Longest Journey.
Tornquist has founded his own studio in the shape of Red Thread Games in Oslo to begin work on Dreamfall Chapters licensed by Funcom. Tornquist will also continue to work on The Secret World in an advisory capacity.
Pre-production has been funded by the Norwegian Film Institute to the tune of around 175,000 USD.
Red Thread's plan for the future is to focus on creating original, story-driven games for mobile and PC as well as continuing work on The Longest Journey series.
- October PS Plus Instant Game Collection line-up announced with Driveclub as a bonus
- Betas planned for every platform should ensure Battlefield: Hardline will work at launch
- Latest patch for Battlefield 4 fixes just about everything and unblocks your kitchen sink
- Warface gets updated with new maps and a few gameplay tweaks
- Platinum Games' Hideki Kamiya gives one final response to those begging for Bayonetta 2 to be released on PS4 and Xbox One
- Shadow Of Mordor devs not worried by the Assassin's Creed comparisons
- LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham heading to New York ComicCon 2014
- Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty gets brand new 'Old School' controls
- Bungie concedes that Destiny's storyline was recut less than a year from release