Red Thread Games founded to work on a Dreamfall sequel
Funcom's Ragnar Tornquist has been given leave by the MMO studio to start up a side-project producing a long-awaited sequel for Dreamfall: The Longest Journey.
Tornquist has founded his own studio in the shape of Red Thread Games in Oslo to begin work on Dreamfall Chapters licensed by Funcom. Tornquist will also continue to work on The Secret World in an advisory capacity.
Pre-production has been funded by the Norwegian Film Institute to the tune of around 175,000 USD.
Red Thread's plan for the future is to focus on creating original, story-driven games for mobile and PC as well as continuing work on The Longest Journey series.
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny