Red Thread Games founded to work on a Dreamfall sequel
Funcom's Ragnar Tornquist has been given leave by the MMO studio to start up a side-project producing a long-awaited sequel for Dreamfall: The Longest Journey.
Tornquist has founded his own studio in the shape of Red Thread Games in Oslo to begin work on Dreamfall Chapters licensed by Funcom. Tornquist will also continue to work on The Secret World in an advisory capacity.
Pre-production has been funded by the Norwegian Film Institute to the tune of around 175,000 USD.
Red Thread's plan for the future is to focus on creating original, story-driven games for mobile and PC as well as continuing work on The Longest Journey series.
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter
- Shadow Of Mordor trailer introduces the unique orc character, Ratbag
- Saints Row IV coming to next-gen consoles
- Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell is a new standalone expansion
- First details of Telltale's Game Of Thrones series arrive
- SEGA unveils the new definitive Total War: Rome II – Emperor Edition
- Prison Architect alpha build 24 arrives
- Bayonetta 2 gets a final release date
- Deep Down now delayed until 2015